- Table View
- List View
While staring you straight in the eye, far above the tips of her Toms, Josie Brant would swear that she does not like Peter Maxx, the teen sensation who causes every girl within a 100-foot radius to scream at ear-shattering decibels. Even if Josie may completely, totally, and unequivocally be his biggest fan. So when Josie finds out her best friend has won a contest to meet Peter by stealing one of Josie's songs, Josie is overwhelmingly shocked and upset-some of which flies out the window when Ashley introduces Josie to Peter as well. And suddenly, in a whirlwind of Tweets, IMs, texts, and phone calls, Josie finds herself in the middle of a flirtatious friendship that has the potential for complete harmony. But just when everything seems pitch-perfect, the paparazzi flashbulbs explode,along with any notion of a fairy-tale romance. Author Ken Baker, E! Channel's Chief News Correspondent, uses his inside knowledge to craft a novel authentic to the teen pop idol experience with sincere heart and humor.
Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O! And on that farm he had . . . a dragon? The animals aren't happy that there's a dragon on the farm but Old MacDonald likes his dragon . . . until it starts swallowing up the animals! Can Old MacDonald save his farm before it's too late? Find out in this silly adaptation of the popular song.
Ken Baker wanted nothing more than to play ice hockey with the pros--until a brain tumor cut his dreams short while in college. After surgery and several years of rehab, Baker, who in high school was a top prospect for the U.S. Olympic team, put his successful journalism career on hold to attempt the seemingly impossible: a comeback. He moved away from his family to become the third-string goalie for the Bakersfield Condors, an AA-level minor-league team in the dusty oil town of Bakersfield, California. At the age of thirty-one, Baker became the oldest rookie in all of pro-hockey, facing 1000-m.p.h. slap shots and long bus rides, hostile fans and cheap motel rooms, body bruises and battle-worn teammates.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.