You are about to enter a wonderfully exciting, and sometimes unbelievable, world--the world of living things. In the pages of this textbook you will come to understand the nature of life as we know it today. You will also gain an appreciation of the scientific process that has resulted in the body of knowledge we know as biology.
In this textbook you will come to understand the nature of life as we know it today. You will also gain an appreciation of the scientific process that has resulted in the body of knowledge we know as biology.
The authors of Biology the Living Science wrote this book to inform, and maybe even to inspire, you about the living science of biology.
The goal of the Science Academic Standards is for all students to gain scientific literacy. Literacy means an understanding of what is important in an area of knowledge. To become literate in science, you need to develop a way of thinking and learn a body of knowledge about the natural world.
Did you know that learning to study more effectively can make a real difference in how well you do in school? Study Workbook B: Reading Foundations for Miller & Levine Biology is designed to help you build up your reading and study skills.
From a leading authority on the evolution debates comes this critically acclaimed investigation into one of the most controversial topics of our times.
The Core Edition of Miller & Levine Biology is the perfect option for a classroom looking for a concise textbook that is light on the book bag. Accompanied by robust digital support on Biology.com, the Core Edition covers the following standards-based units: the Nature of Life, Ecology, Cells, Genetics, Evolution
A great option for low-level and inclusion classrooms, with digital support on Biology. com. Authors Ken Miller and Joe Levine deliver the same trusted, relevant content in more accessible ways Written at a lower grade level with a reduced page count, the text offers additional embedded reading support to make biology come alive for struggling learners. Foundations for Learning reading strategies provide the tools to make content accessible for all your students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.