The authors have written this text for students and teachers who are partners in a one-year algebra-based physics course. They have added new features and material and refined areas in need of improvement. In addition, they have expanded the Web sites considerably by including many new offerings for both students and teachers.
This Sixth Edition helps readers understand the interrelationships among basic physics concepts and how they fit together to describe our physical world. Throughout the book, the authors emphasize the relevance of physics to our everyday lives. Real-world physics applications, including many biomedical applications, show how physics principles come into play over and over again in our lives. Problem Solving Insights explain each calculation in detail, guiding readers through the quantitative process Includes a CD containing physics simulations
Designed for medical professionals who may struggle with making the leap to conceptual understanding and applying physics, the eighth edition continues to build transferable problem-solving skills. It includes a set of features such as Analyzing-Multiple-Concept Problems, Check Your Understanding, Concepts & Calculations, and Concepts at a Glance. This helps the reader to first identify the physics concepts, then associate the appropriate mathematical equations, and finally to work out an algebraic solution. They'll also be able to work high quality problem sets and gain immediate feedback through WileyPLUS, the online problem-solving management system. New Focus on Concept questions are featured in WileyPLUS, offering medical professionals a set of thought provoking conceptual questions as well as calculation problems.
The book facilitates both learning and teaching processes. It aims at helping students develop conceptual understanding and use it for solving problems in areas like Thermal Physics, Magnetism, Light, Optics, Modern Physics etc.
At last: the climactic conclusion of the V television miniseries saga readers will never forget!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.