- Table View
- List View
For agricultural extension professionals, nature conservatory staff and others, this book offers complete coverage of a very complex subject. Wildlife and Natural Resource Management provides detailed, in-depth looks at many subjects such as: the history of wildlife conservation in America, the history of modern wildlife and fisheries management, the various federal and state agencies responsible for wildlife and fisheries management, the financing of wildlife conservation in America, and the numerous private conservation organizations are all discussed in detail. Wildlife and Natural Resource Management also provides a look at fossil fuels, their role in our society and their conservation, as well as discussing soil, forest, and water management and conservation. The habitat requirements, feeding and breeding habits of most species of native fauna are discussed. Descriptions and ranges are covered with photos where possible. Endangered species and the Endangered Species Act and its effect of endangered species are also covered. The glossary and appendices are complete to be useful to the student. While a tremendous amount of information is presented between the covers, it is written in such a way as to be easy to read and hold the reader's attention.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.