- Table View
- List View
Traces the history and motivations of the Bush family.
American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil and Borrowed Money in the 21st Centuryby Kevin Phillips
From America's premier political analyst, an explosvie examination of the coalition of forces that threatens the nation in this century.
Financial analysis of politics and parties.
The financial sector has hijacked the American economy and put our global future at risk. Foreign policy has taken its toll as well. The dollar is losing value in the world because of America's fiscal irresponsibility and indebtedness, and the ruinous war in Iraq has severely eroded our influence over global oil producers and foreign central banks.
Economic analysis of the late twentieth century.
Political analyst describes the 80s in terms of who grew wealthy and who grew poor, how politics affected this state of affairs, and vice versa.
Kevin Phillips is a contributing columnist to the Los Angeles Times, National Public Radio, Time and Harper's. Phillips was the chief political analyst for the 1968 Republican presidential campaign,
By any serious measurement, bestselling historian Kevin Phillips argues, William McKinley was a major American president. It was during his administration that the United States made its diplomatic and military debut as a world power. McKinley was one of eight presidents who, either in the White House or on the battlefield, stood as principals in successful wars, and he was among the six or seven to take office in what became recognized as a major realignment of the U.S. party system. Phillips, author of "Wealth and Democracy" and "The Cousins' War," has long been fascinated with McKinley in the context of how the GOP began each of its cycles of power. He argues that McKinley's lackluster ratings have been sustained not by unjust biographers but by years of criticism about his personality, indirect methodologies, middle-class demeanor, and tactical inability to inspire the American public. In this powerful and persuasive biography, Phillips musters convincing evidence that McKinley's desire to heal, renew prosperity, and reunite the country qualify him for promotion into the ranks of the chief executives.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.