- Table View
- List View
Interested in ways to make your business more efficient? Then Cloud Computing may be just what you have been looking for. Cloud Computing can enable you to drive down the costs of your IT function and gives you the ability to focus on your core business, whilst saving energy. The concept of shifting computing to a shared service provider is not new. What is new is that the cost of Cloud Computing is falling so dramatically that considering outsourcing to the Cloud is no longer rare. And, in an era of tight budgets, the opportunity to make financial savings means that Cloud Computing looks especially attractive. "Above the Clouds: Managing Risk in the World of Cloud Computing" acts as a primer and strategic guide to identify Cloud Computing best practices and associated risks, and reduce the latter to acceptable levels. From software as a service (SaaP) to replacing the entire IT infrastructure, the author serves as an educator, guide and strategist, from runway to getting the organization above the clouds. Valuable tips on how to choose your provider of Cloud Services are also offered. The author, Kevin T. McDonald is a Senior Information Technology Analyst and Cloud Strategist for ICF International Inc, a consulting firm in Washington, DC. A member of the Tech America Cloud Computing Committee and the Cloud Security Alliance, Kevin has over 25 years' experience in IT, choosing to specialize in cyber security, infrastructure protection and business continuity. Buy this book and take your business on a journey above the Clouds!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.