- Table View
- List View
Interested in ways to make your business more efficient? Then Cloud Computing may be just what you have been looking for. Cloud Computing can enable you to drive down the costs of your IT function and gives you the ability to focus on your core business, whilst saving energy. The concept of shifting computing to a shared service provider is not new. What is new is that the cost of Cloud Computing is falling so dramatically that considering outsourcing to the Cloud is no longer rare. And, in an era of tight budgets, the opportunity to make financial savings means that Cloud Computing looks especially attractive. "Above the Clouds: Managing Risk in the World of Cloud Computing" acts as a primer and strategic guide to identify Cloud Computing best practices and associated risks, and reduce the latter to acceptable levels. From software as a service (SaaP) to replacing the entire IT infrastructure, the author serves as an educator, guide and strategist, from runway to getting the organization above the clouds. Valuable tips on how to choose your provider of Cloud Services are also offered. The author, Kevin T. McDonald is a Senior Information Technology Analyst and Cloud Strategist for ICF International Inc, a consulting firm in Washington, DC. A member of the Tech America Cloud Computing Committee and the Cloud Security Alliance, Kevin has over 25 years' experience in IT, choosing to specialize in cyber security, infrastructure protection and business continuity. Buy this book and take your business on a journey above the Clouds!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.