- Table View
- List View
While the basic principles of personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics has been covered by numerous texts, there are none to date that focuses on the specific tests themselves that are in current clinical practice and those that are being proposed for implementation in the near future. Pharmacogenomic Testing in Current Clinical Practice: Implementation in the Clinical Laboratory focuses almost entirely on the specifics of each test that is needed to implement these tests into a clinical laboratory. This volume presents the first compilation of the tests currently in routine clinical use. The chapter authors of this unique and invaluable title comprise a range of renowned authorities and investigators who have conducted the essential clinical trials necessary to justify pharmacogenomic testing today. The book is divided into four parts: Basic Concepts, Specific Pharmacogenomic Targets, Drugs that Cause Delayed Hypersensitivity, and Miscellaneous Drugs. Each author provides a pharmacologic background on the target drug, the need for pharmacogenomic testing, and how results can be translated into clinical decisions. Where appropriate, case studies are given to illustrate typical clinical scenarios. An extensive bibliography is provided so that the reader can refer to the original studies. This well-designed resource will appeal to clinical laboratory directors who are contemplating or assigned the task of establishing a pharmacogenomics laboratory and a wide range of clinicians who must interpret results of testing. Focused and immensely useful, Pharmacogenomic Testing in Current Clinical Practice: Implementation in the Clinical Laboratory is a timely and outstanding contribution to the literature and will be instrumental in defining this rapidly growing field.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.