Leadership should be about much more than hitting targets and avoiding mistakes. Kim Cameron shows how to reach beyond ordinary success to achieve extraordinary effectiveness, spectacular results, and what he calls "positively deviant performance"--performance far above the norm. Positive leadership enables thriving and flourishing rather than simply addressing obstacles and impediments. It helps bring out the best in human nature. Cameron is one of the founders of the new field of Positive Organizational Scholarship, which studies unusually high-performing organizations. In Positive Leadership he draws on discoveries in this field and in the allied field of positive psychology--which focuses on high-functioning individuals--as well as positive organizational change methodologies. He identifies four interrelated leadership strategies: * Positive Climate: fostering emotions such as optimism, compassion, and gratitude * Positive Relationships: building positive energy networks and developing strength-based activities * Positive Communications: fostering best-self feedback and supportive communication patterns * Positive Meaning: helping people find profound purpose and a sense of calling Cameron cites the empirical research that these strategies are rooted in and that supports their bottom-line effectiveness, lays out a proven process for implementing them, and includes a self-assessment instrument and a guide to assist leaders in the implementation process. Positive Leadership is a concise, thoroughly researched, and practical guide that any leader can use to generate truly amazing results.
Positive Leadership presents a concise, accessible and practical guide to strategies that can help leaders reach beyond ordinary success to achieve extraordinary effectiveness, spectacular results, and positively deviant performance.
Over a decade ago, Kim Cameron and some colleagues decided that rather than analyze what went terribly wrong with organizations and how to prevent it, they would look at what went extraordinarily right and how to replicate it. This was the birth of positive organizational scholarship, a new field that focused on what they called "positive deviance"--outcomes that far exceeded normal success. In his previous book Positive Leadership, Cameron outlined four leadership strategies--Positive Climate, Positive Relationships, Positive Communications, and Positive Meaning--that characterize exceptionally high-performing organizations. Here he takes these strategies further by laying out tactics for implementing them: * Creating a Culture of Abundance: five specific steps leaders can take to create an organizational culture that enables members to experience vitality, flourishing, and engagement * Developing Positive Energy Networks: tools and practices for cultivating positive energy in oneself and for diffusing it throughout the organization* Delivering Negative Feedback Positively: techniques for delivering difficult but necessary messages in ways that build and strengthen relationships * Establishing and Achieving Everest Goals: guidelines for setting goals that have all the characteristics of SMART goals but go far beyond them* Applying Positive Leadership in Organizations: a powerful tool for determining exactly how to implement positive leadership practices in the particular circumstances of your organization Study after study (some of which are cited in the book) has shown that companies practicing positive leadership far outperform their competitors. So virtue may be its own reward, but it also delivers breakthrough results that any organization can achieve thanks to Kim Cameron's concise, how-to guide.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.