- Table View
- List View
Nestled in a converted Victorian in Portland's trendy Northwest District, Paley's Place Bistro and Bar has been serving Vitaly Paley's creative, beautifully executed cooking for over a decade. Co-owner Kimberly Paley's joyous hospitality has helped make their restaurant into a West Coast destination. Both Paleys' unquenchable ardor for local, luscious, sustainably produced food and drink means the Paley's Place dining experience just keeps gets better. With characteristic generosity, Vitaly and Kimberly bring their elegant, soulful fare home in The Paley's Place Cookbook. Chapters on appetizers; soups, salads, and sandwiches; pastas and grains; fish and shellfish; meat, game, and fowl; vegetable side dishes; and desserts are complemented by extras, including a primer on putting together a knockout Oregon cheese course and a bevy of recipes for hand-crafted and seasonal cocktails. Wine pairings point the reader to well-matched styles and makers from the Pacific Northwest and France. Teaching the reader to create blissfully perfectdishes from the ground up, whether simple (Grilled Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto; Tomato-Bread Soup) or showy (Duck Wellington with Mole Sauce; Vegetable-Stuffed Morels with Green Garlic Confit and Parmesan Cream), the authors emphasize the building blocks of wonderful food: great ingredients and great technique. Throughout the book, the Paleys introduce us to some of the many skilled food producers who make the Pacific Northwest a culinary treasure trove, and also take us inside the chef's thought process as he creates and refines his recipes. Evocative photographs--of finished dishes, gorgeous local foodstuffs, and the people who produce the food that gives so much pleasure--round out this personal, passionate, enlightening, and utterly delicious cookbook.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.