- Table View
- List View
Grab some popcorn and Pork Cracklins and prepare yourselves for Wiley Grampa's next outrageous Creature Feature! In this adventure, Grampa's annual barbeque is crashed by hundreds of rotting residents from the Eternal Naps cemetery. You'll shake when Wiley accidentally bakes Grampa's foot to a crisp. You'll gasp as Merle, the cat, battles zombified bugs to the death. And when Vera, the world's worst lunch lady, whips out her secret side dish, well, get ready for the ultimate food fight-or food FRIGHT!
This utterly absurd, wacky and weird compilation of the first three books in the Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features series is packed with monsters, mayhem, and pictures on every page! In the rip-roaring adventures, Wiley and goofy Grampa get mixed up with everything from vampires to zombies to a legendary sea monster and always manage to land in deep doodoo. Luckly, they have no-nonsense Gramma and a troop of neighborhood friends to swoop in and save the day! At over three hundred pages, this volume includes fan favorites Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular, Grampa's Zombie BBQ, and Monster Fish Frenzy.
Thrills! Chills! Monster trucks! Hot sauce from hell! Here's a hoot-aloud, laugh-a-page early chapter book series that will have kids howling for more. After all, who can resist a goofy Grampa-an eight-year-old in an eighty-year-old's body-who takes his grandson to a monster truckshow in the middle of an R5 tornado? It's there that Grampa and Wiley meet Colonel Dracula, whose primo vampire truck turns out to feed on some pretty sinister "gas". With non-stop humor and absurd adventure (did we mention the giant mechanical lobsters?), here's a treat that will turn reluctant readers into ravenous readers!
Here's a wild and wacky, utterly absurd, irresistible early reader series that will turn reluctant readers into ravenous readers. In the third adventure, goofy Grampa sets out to capture Moby Fizz, the biggest, most bloated whale the world has ever known! With his trusted grandson Wiley at his side and Wiley's best friend Jubal in tow, the crew braves a school of man-eating piranha among other terrifying obstacles as they plunge the depths of Lake Putrid and finally come face-to-face with the six-ton fish. But if you think this is scary, wait until you see Grampa do a hula dance on the island of Lost Hippies!
This kooky, creature-crammed romp for early readers keeps the pages turning with pictures--and laughs--on every page. Prepare to rough it on a trip that will have you shivering in your hiking boots! In BIGFOOT BACKPACKING BONANZA, Wiley and his friend Jubal are rejected from the Spudscouts and decide to tackle the great outdoors on a crazy camping adventure of their own.
Wiley and Grampa set out for some fun in the sun at Gingham County's finest water park, Castle Waterhösen. But when robot sharks and half human, half crawdad creatures attack and Nate Farkles goes missing, Wiley and Grampa must abandon dreams of conquering the mile-high slide and discover what masked phantom lurks in the bowels of the park. Will Wiley and his posse become fish food or will the crawdads be tossed into the boiling crockpot of justice? Get ready for a wild ride down Mount Flushmore!
Put on your shin guards: in their fourth adventure, Wiley & Grampa enter the Wild World of Sports! At Wiley's soccer game against the monstrous Carpathian Coyotes Grampa suffers a nasty bite from their mangy team mascot, turning into a "wereyote" " a half man, half coyote " ten times as mean and three times as hairy! You'll howl when he grows sharp fangs. You'll freak out when he wreaks havoc through the streets of Gingham County. Only the evil fish-napper Dr. Hans Lotion can lift the Curse of the Coyote. Will he do it " or will the Ladies Quilting League shoot him with honey-mustard spikes first?
Some fossilized dino dooky made its way into the pet food supply, and all of the Gingham County critters who ate it have reverted back to their ancient selves. Merle's a sabre-toothed kitty, Paco the goldfish is now a dangerous Megalodon, Wiley's new pet lizard, Lupe, has become a snarling T-rex, and poor Nate Farkles, the town vet, is up to his ears in dinosaurs. If only Grampa hadn't mistaken a doggy biscuit for a gingerbread cookie, he and Wiley might've had a chance of taming the deadly dinos. But it's never over 'til it's over with this hilarious duo--Grampa may be ancient, but he's agile!
This wonderfully weird and wacky early reader series delivers laugh-a-page humor that is perfect for reluctant readers.In the seventh hysterical tale, a carton of rancid eggnog bubbles to life, devouring unfortunate citizens and plastic reindeer on the lawns of Gingham County. With the power to morph into the shape of people, the eggy menace seems unstoppable, withstanding spitballs and even a group of relentless Christmas carolers. Will Wiley and Grampa, with the help of Roberto Claus--the fruitcake-wielding owner of Santa's Happytown Shanty Village--save the day, or will the killer eggnog leave a trail of chaos and nutmeg in its slippery path?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.