This new addition to the popular Essentials series provides a broad, general introduction to the topic of simulation within clinical education. An ideal tool for both teaching and learning, Essential Simulation in Clinical Education provides a theoretical and practical introduction to the subject of simulation, whilst also offering strategies for successful use of simulators within general clinical education and demonstrating best practice throughout.This timely new title provides:The latest information on developments in the field, all supported by an evidence-baseContent written by a global team of expertsDiscussion of policy and strategy initiatives to ground simulation within the healthcare contextPractical examples of cases, including inter-professional learning.A superb companion for those involved in multi-disciplinary healthcare teaching, or interested in health care education practices, Essential Simulation in Clinical Education is the most comprehensive guide to the field currently available.
This important book offers an introduction to the theory and the varying types of assessment for health care professionals. The book includes information on such topics as Where have work based assessments come from?; Why do we have different parts to the same exam like MCQs and OSCEs?; How do colleges decide who has passed or not?; Why can people pick their own assessors for their MSF?; The role of formative assessment Portfolios and their value. The book avoids jargon, is clear and succinct, and gives the pros and cons of the different assessment processes.
This book is designed to support trainee doctors during the Foundation Stage of postgraduate training, including preparation and application for Specialty Training posts, and covers the generic (non-clinical) aspects of postgraduate education, training and professional development. It shows trainees how the 'generic skills' fit into professional practice and development and how the knowledge base provided by the book underpins professional practice. The book will assist the development of the knowledge, skills and competences required for good medical practice and uses case studies, activities and policy examples to illustrate key learning points.
The revised Tomorrow's Doctors makes it clear that doctors need to be aware on their responsibilities as a scholar and scientist and it is therefore vital that students develop excellent critical thinking and research skills. While there are many 'research skills' books, medical students frequently struggle with understanding the difference between the practices of research, audit, service evaluation, systematic and narrative reviews and when and how to apply them. This book addresses the kinds of questions novice investigators always ask and helps students utilize study designs, data collection tools and analyze effectively.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.