- Table View
- List View
Jason is typical of today's college students, who are assuming unprecedented debt burdens because of relaxed limits on student loans and easily obtained credit cards. Many on college campuses are calling it a fiscal crisis. Financial Basics tackles the gaps in the personal financial knowledge of college students. Beginning with debit-credit card issues, student loan decisions, and the challenge of managing and reducing debt, Knox walks readers through money management. She skillfully addresses the how-to's of checking accounts, spending plans, emergency funds, and credit histories. She discusses financial personalities and the emotions of money, as well as practical record-keeping and simple filing techniques. In Financial Basics, Knox blends her extensive money-management experience with her desire to inform and help students master their finances: she shares experiences about money lessons learned in college, and offers sound solutions and advice for students and their families. Since everyone does not handle money in the same way, Knox gives money-management options for readers to find their best way. The book includes helpful worksheets and is written in an easy-to-read style, using testimonials and examples that will ring true to students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.