- Table View
- List View
The Faber Report: CNBC's "The Brain" Tells You How Wall Street Really Works and How You Can Make It Work for Youby Ken Kurson David Faber
These days, when CNBC's David Faber talks, Wall Street listens. Unlike the talking heads that populate the financial news channels, Faber is a down-and-dirty investigative reporter. For six years, on CNBCs popular Squawk Box and in his own segments, Faber has broken story after story. Each day over one million people tune in to hear his daily report. Those who know the score know that Faber is the one to listen to especially now that the market isnt doing as well as it used to. Now Faber has written the smartest, most innovative investment book to be published in years. Like Harvard Business Schools famous case study method, each chapter is built around a story, the story of how a stock was presented to the public. Then Faber extracts clear, easy-to-follow lessons and instructions on how readers can learn the stocks real story, just as he does everyday on CNBC. Readers learn not just how to pick the stocks they want to invest in, but how to avoid joining the penguins lining up for big losses. The Faber Report combines practical, down to earth investment advice with wild accounts of investor fraud, company misdeeds, and famous investors and banks that have led investors astray.
Having inherited a city ravaged by crime and crippled in its ability to serve its citizens, Giuliani shows how he found that every aspect of his career up to that point-from clerking for the formidable judge who demanded excellence (and rewarded it with a lifetime of loyalty) to busting organized crime during his years as a federal attorney -shaped his thinking about leadership and prepared him for the daunting challenges ahead. Giuliani's successes in turn strengthened his conviction about the core qualities required to be an effective leader, no matter what the size of the organization, be it an international corporation or a baseball team. In detailing his principles of leadership, Giuliani tells captivating stories that are personal as well as prescriptive.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.