- Table View
- List View
A POWERFUL MAN CAN MAKE A WOMAN STRONGER ... OR BREAK HER HEART Nicole Seymour had lost at love before-a first marriage that was such a fiasco she never even had a proper wedding night. Then Kane Lombard strolled down a South Carolina beach and into her heart. Here their pasts seemed very far away, and all that mattered was discovering how much they cared for each other. But both were keeping secrets. "Beach bum" Kane was actually a wealthy Houston oil man, whose family owned the tabloid newspaper that was digging up dirt on Nikki's U.S. Congressman brother. Nikki, the laughing, innocent woman of Kane's dreams, was really the elegant, glittering Charleston socialite sister of his bitterest enemy. All too soon lies and political intrigue made them angry opponents. Their passion would become a two- edged sword-a hunger that brought them together and a searing pain that drove them apart. And Nikki Seymour would become a woman in love with the one man she should never trust. ...
The galaxy is on the brink of disaster, the long-awaited truce torn apart by an unprovoked attack. The colony whose residents represented more than a hundred planets has been destroyed, and the new vision for unity in the universe is at risk. Faced with a war that would mean destruction and chaos, one man has stepped forward to lead those fighting for their lives. Undeterred by insurmountable odds, his courage inspires a team--the Morcai Battalion--to battle for the cause of peace. . . and love.
For almost three years Dtimun, the enigmatic and mysterious Cehn-Tahr commander of the Morcai Battalion, has been at war not only with the Rojok Dynasty, but also with his feisty Medical Chief of Staff, Dr. Madeline Ruszel. Now a surprising visitor from the future has charged them with the rescue of the enemy Rojok, Field Marshal Chacon. To ensure success, both Madeline and Dtimun must make personal sacrifices and attempt a dangerous mission behind enemy lines. Sparks fly as each twisting turn throws them closer together than they've ever been before-can they resist acting on desires they have long denied?If their plans are discovered, they face exile by their own governments and possibly even execution. But if they do not act, the future will see the end of civilization itself....
A prophecy foretold. . . Three years after the unprovoked attack on a peaceful colony, the war between the Rojok dynasty and the Tri-Galaxy Fleet rages on. Born of that war is the Morcai Battalion, a fleet comprised of Centaurians and humans--the first collaboration of its kind and a step toward an intergalactic alliance. But the fragile union is tested as their courageous Commander in Chief, Dtimun, is faced with the temptation of the forbidden--and human--Dr. Madeline Ruszel. A combat surgeon, Ruszel is aware of the danger of inciting a Centaurian's interest, even if he is the most intriguing of men. Besides putting their mission at risk, personal relations between their kinds are still outlawed. But a prophecy that touches on both their lives and the future of all alien nations hints that a greater unity may be theirs for the taking. . . if they, and their crew, survive in the battle for peace.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.