- Table View
- List View
Balanced analysis of McCarthy's career.
Could Al Franken and his left-wing cronies possibly be right? Is liberal media bias just a myth propagated by conservatives, and have the mainstream media actually swung to the right? Absolutely not. In the new book Weapons of Mass Distortion, L. Brent Bozell III--founder and president of the Media Research Center, America's largest and most respected media watchdog organization--presents the definitive account of how liberal bias in the news industry is alive and well. But here's the thing: The liberal media are headed for a downfall. Bozell demonstrates how their monopoly on information is at last coming to an end, in large part because journalists continue to deny the bias that infects their news coverage. His unrivaled expertise allows him to show readers exactly how the media landscape is changing--and to expose the even bigger changes that are coming. Marshaling an astonishing amount of evidence, Bozell documents exactly how the news media deliberately attempt to set the national agenda through their slanted coverage. In the process he destroys the arguments that Franken and many other left-wing commentators have put forward regarding media bias. Weapons of Mass Distortion also reveals: * How the liberal media's slanted coverage of President George W. Bush will play a huge role in the 2004 elections * Why liberals' claims about the influence of Fox News and the "conservative media" are wrong--and deliberately misleading * How the mainstream press has waged war on the war on terrorism * Never-before-told stories of how leading journalists, behind the scenes, betray the liberal bias they so forcefully deny in public--incidents that Bozell has witnessed firsthand * How the same journalists who condemn the Right for "hate speech" regularly launch (and get away with) vicious personal attacks on conservatives * Clear evidence that the major news outlets are hemorrhaging viewers, readers, and listeners precisely because of their liberal bias. By dominating the news media for so long, liberals have been able to control what we see and hear. But as Bozell makes clear, the Left will lose that control soon enough.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.