- Table View
- List View
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition provides a broad-spectrum overview of the agricultural industry and the industry-based sciences, including basic principles of science as they apply to plants, animals, soils and foods, for high school students. Each chapter includes visual aids such as color photos, sketches, diagrams, and tables. Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications, 5th edition, also identifies chapter objectives, evaluation materials, suggested class activities, key terms, and internet key words to guide student's in-depth study.
This third edition of "Agriscience: Fundamentals & Applications," addresses the basic levels of modern agriscience concepts using language and examples designed to meet the needs of beginning students interested in natural science careers. The text integrates broadened principles of agriculture through all the major science areas, and adds many new applications of science, technology, math, agriculture, natural resources and the environment. New full-color photographs and illustrations have been added for visual enhancement, as well as internet icons to help students explore agriscience topics beyond the boundaries of the text. The unit profiles and student activities provide instructors with innovative ways to teach modern agriscience concepts, as this book contains invaluable resources for introductory agriscience curriculums.
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications is the most effective book available for introducing agricultural education. It addresses the full spectrum of the agricultural industry and introduces science as the basis for higher productivity and for the safest food system in the world. Readers also gain knowledge about agricultural careers and opportunities through the Agri-Profile feature. The authors successfully convey the principles of integrating science into the agricultural curriculum, and they educate readers about accessing related material on the Internet and about National FFA programs related to agriscience and technology. Color photos and illustrations, discussions of recent technological advances and Hot Topic inserts are just some of the many tools used to help the reader comprehend the wealth of material contained in this introduction to agriscience.
The book integrates the principles of zoology and ecology with the lives of different kinds of wild animals that inhabit North America and enlightens readers to the principles of biology in the context of how science relates to the survival of fish and wildlife. It gives descriptions of the lives, structures, growth, and classification of species in their natural habitats, and raises critical thinking questions to initiate the steps taken in the process of scientific discovery.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.