- Table View
- List View
It began when Harold's boss developed a theory that there were many possible worlds besides our own, and developed an equation that could send a man into any dimension he chose.
The Red Lion clove through the burning wall as if it were not there. Once on the other side, the magical barrier winked out of existence. The crew gaped in astonishment.
Even Conan's lightning quickness failed to avoid the monstrous white form that suddenly hurtled upon him from above...
Conan put his back against the wall and lifted his ax. He stood like an image of the unconquerable primordial - legs braced far apart, head thrust forward, one hand clutching the wall for support, the other gripping the ax on high, with the great corded muscles standing out in iron ridges, and his features frozen in a death snarl of fury - his eyes blazing terribly through the mist of blood which veiled them.
This book contains 8 tales of a future when Brazil is the leading power of Earth and at least four other solar systems with intelligent beings have been discovered by Viagens Interplanetarias (Portugese for Interplanetary Tours). Guile, tenacity, and humor are the treasure found by these new explorers of the galaxy.
In Down in the bottomlands, Turtledove explores a world where there's an almost uninhabitable bottomland that tourists lke to explore. But what would happen if terrorists planned to fill the historically dray bottmlands with water by knocking down the mountains around the bottomlands with a bomb? In The Wheels of If, a man is launched onto his "Wheel of If", and into a conditional world where Indians (Screllings) rule and the white man JUST coexist. In The Pugnacious Peacemaker, we're aken again into the world set out in The Wheel of If. This is a great story that'll teach you a thing or two not only about the history of today but also about the history of lands that don't really exist.
Because of a freak accident, a man is transported to ancient Rome and must adapt.
Have gun, will time travel. 9 short stories about Reginald Rivers and his safaris to hunt big game millions of years in the past - dinosaurs!
Prince Vakar battles the savage prehistoric gods in his dangerous quest for the Tritonian Ring. Night falls on the bronze-age world of Poseidonis, a continent threatened with destruction. In the smoke of the magician's fire appears the figure of the witch Gra. "What wish the lords of Lorsk with me?" "Advise us how to avert the menace of the Gorgons," the magician answers. "Send Prince Vakar to seek the thing the gods fear most!" "SEND PRINCE VAKAR TO SEEK THE THING THE GODS FEAR MOST." The witch's advice would be more useful, Vakar feels, if she would tell him what the "thing" is. But he must go, if he is to save his country from destruction at the hands of the Gorgons. Armed only with his sword and the poisoned dagger he draws from the body of a spy killed trying to pass vital information to him, Vakar sets forth across Poseidonis, the sinking continent. Confronted with death at every turn, dazzled by the sorcery of hostile magicians, Vakar finds his true enemies are the ancient gods themselves--against whom he will have no weapon until he discovers THE TRITONIAN RING
When he began writing in the mid thirties, l. Sprague de Camp immediately found a following of loyal readers. In the seventy years he wrote, that following only grew. Here are some of his most famous short stories and some that are very rare. All are well worth reading or reading again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.