- Table View
- List View
Strange things are going on at Woodford's old abandoned airfield -- transport trucks rumbling through the gates in the middle of the night, unexplained lights bobbing up and down and security guards who seem to possess superhuman strength. Sam the sheepdog is certain an alien invasion is about to happen. Were those missing neighborhood pets beamed up into a UFO? Is Sam next? Can Jennie and her best friend, Beth, rescue Sam from a fate worse than eating dog food?
Sam: Dog Detective is back in a ghostly adventure that occurs during summer vacation at a spooky old mansion built by a pirate.
Talk about the winter blahs. Sam: Dog Detective can't find a mystery anywhere. The sheepdog sleuth doesn't know how she's going to make it through another snowy season. But things begin to heat up when her friends, Jennie and Beth, visit a museum. There they see the mummy of a pharaoh who is said to walk the earth searching for his beloved missing dog. Now Sam -- who always feels she deserves the royal treatment -- has the mummy hot on her trail. Will she be able to elude this creepy corpse as he stalks Woodford looking for his shaggy white dog?
Sam: Dog Detective is bored. There are no ghosts in her house, no monsters, no mysteries! Luckily, Halloween is only a week away; soon Woodford will be crawling with vampires, goblins, mutants and witches. And the sheepdog sleuth's excitement grows when she and her friends, Jennie and Beth, uncover a spooky legend. Once every hundred years on Halloween night, real live ghouls slink out of the woods searching for children to steal away! When Sam sees hooded, white-faced creatures piling out of a creepy black van, she knows the ghouls have arrived -- but will she be able to put a stop to their horrible Halloween plot?
Elsie is about to have puppies, and Elizabeth is going to help. Her grandmother shows her exactly how to make the den for the dog and how to be ready when the puppies come out. After they are born, Elizabeth helps Elsie care for them. Most important of all, though, she helps her grandmother find just the right home for each, especially the very last one.
Sam: Dog Detective is convinced that the creepiest house in town must be the home of Dracula!
Sam: Dog Detective believes there's a mystery brewing next door in this chapter book for middle readers.
Join Sam, Dog Detective, on her fifth funny adventure as she enjoys a little family holiday at the Grand Hotel.And what could be more exciting than the bustling lobby of a big hotel? Guests arrive, people meet -- and signals are exchanged. For Sam, this can mean only one thing: spies, and lots of them! Everyone seems awfully suspicious, what with envelopes being passed back and forth, people creeping out of guests' rooms and secretly using the back stairs. Something's definitely up, and Sam is sure to figure it out -- if only Jennie and Beth will help her.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.