- Table View
- List View
Have you ever wondered where the muskrat got its name? What it eats? And how it protects itself from danger? Explore this fascinating creature in this book.
How is the opossum related to the Tasmanian Devil? Is an opossum bigger or smaller than a house cat? What happens when an opossum "plays dead"? Find the answers to these questions, and learn much more about the physical characteristics, behavior, habitat, and lives of opossums.
When do porcupines sing? What's a porcupette? Why do porcupines eat sneakers and steering wheels? Find the answers to these questions, and learn much more about the physical characteristics, behavior, habitat, and lives of porcupines. Other books in this series are available in this library.
Describes the physical features, natural environment and habits of raccoons, the masked bandit.
Did you know... that river otters are considered the clowns of the animal kingdom; that otters do not hibernate but will play, swim and live out their winters under the ice; and that otters use tools to eat their food. Find out lots of exciting facts about this wonderful creature.
What makes skunks so smelly? How many species of skunk are there? Where do Skunks live? You will learn the answers to these and other questions you have about these stripped members of the weasel family.
Which North American animal has a holiday named after him? Do woodchucks really sleep through the winter? What do groundhogs eat? Read all about the physical characteristics, habits, and natural environment of woodchucks.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.