- Table View
- List View
"How Can I Help My Child with ADHD?" With this fully realized second edition of the classic guide, Dr. Larry Silver addresses the subjects all parents wonder about when they suspect their child has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: What causes ADHD? What signs should I look for? How can I make sure my child is diagnosed correctly? Could my child have a learning disability, too? What's the latest information on medications and other treatments? What controversial treatments should I watch out for? What should I tell my child's school, and what should they be doing? What legal issues do I need to understand to get my child the right help and protect his or her rights? How can I handle behavior problems? How can I help my whole family cope with the situation? Dr. Silver's warm, thoroughly practical guide will give parents, teachers, and others the support they want and the answers they need.
The Misunderstood Child, Fourth Edition: Understanding and Coping With Your Child’s Learning Disabilitiesby Larry B. Silver
The fully revised and updated must-have resource to help you become a supportive and assertive advocate for your childIn print for more than twenty years, The Misunderstood Child has become the go-to reference guide for families of children with learning disorders. This newly revised edition provides the latest research and new and updated content, including:* How to identify and address specific disabilities, from dyslexia to sensory integration disorder* New information on the genetics of learning disorders* Expanded sections on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)* The most recent neurological discoveries about how the brain functions in children with learning disabilities* Insights about other neurological disorders common among individuals with learning disabilities, such as anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, anger-control problems, depression, and tic disorders* Resources, Web sites, and organizations that can aid the treatment process and offer support for both parent and childFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.