- Table View
- List View
This revision of Working: Career Success for the 21st Century introduces high school seniors and community college students to career planning, working, money management, and essential skills for independent living. Learning features include chapter summaries, activities, and vocabulary exercises, plus boxes on high growth occupations, math connections, and career decision making. This edition spans the entire life/work cycle, and material reflecting the Department of Education's 16 career clusters has been added. Bailey is affiliated with the Department of Workforce Education and Development. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Focusing on career planning, money management, and independent living, this high school textbook is intended to help prepare students for working life. It describes numerous occupations, outlines techniques for finding work, and describes job skills and personal skills applicable in a variety of workplace settings. Particular attention is given to issues related to diversity, listening, problem solving, and time management. Bailey teaches workforce education and development at Southern Illinois University.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.