Two decades after the fall of the Berlin Wall, we are witnessing an ever quickening dissolution of the boundaries between internal and external actors and the critical factors for understanding domestic institutional change. In the transnationalization of the economies of Western and Eastern Europe, international cross-ownership networks are playing a growing, and at times dominant role in domestic economies. These economies are governed by states that are increasingly sharing larger and larger parts of their regulative powers with non-domestic actors. These regulations are contested by civil societies that are increasingly based on networks of interlinked domestic and external NGOs. This is an emerging research agenda extending earlier research on transnationalization, which focused on the supra-national level, and it goes beyond the Europeanization literature that focused on externally induced or imposed change in domestic institutions. This book brings together in one volume the study of transnationalization in three institutional fields: civil society, state and the economy and extends the research of processes of transnationalization to evolving new democracies and emerging market economies. This book should be of interest to scholars and students in the field of political science, public policy, European studies, and international relations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.