- Table View
- List View
The Conquest of Blindness: An Autobiographical Review of the Life and Work of Henry Randolph Latimerby Henry Randolph Latimer
The term "Conquest of Blindness" is taken to include any preventive, remedial, educational, rehabilitating, or relief phase of work pertaining to the handicap of blindness. The primary aim of the volume is to lift work for the conquest of blindness out of the miasma of alms and asylums into the more wholesome atmosphere of social adjustment. Other aims of the volume are to serve as a supplementary text for the use of the profession, and as an incentive to the chance reader to delve more deeply into the subject, and to present as modestly as may be the autobiography of one blind person who has contributed in small measure toward the conquest of blindness.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.