- Table View
- List View
A fully updated new edition of the fun and easy guide to getting up and running on TwitterWith more than half a billion registered users, Twitter continues to grow by leaps and bounds. This handy guide, from one of the first marketers to discover the power of Twitter, covers all the new features. It explains all the nuts and bolts, how to make good connections, and why and how Twitter can benefit you and your business.Fully updated to cover all the latest features and changes to TwitterWritten by a Twitter pioneer who was one of the first marketers to fully tap into Twitter's business applicationsIdeal for beginners, whether they want to use Twitter to stay in touch with friends or to market their products and servicesExplains how to incorporate Twitter into other social media and how to use third-party tools to improve and simplify Twitter
Twitter can boost your business and marketing efforts, and this guide shows you howTwitter, the simple-to-use microblogging service, offers immense benefits for businesses and organizations. Fire departments, political candidates, and C0EOs have used Twitter to share up-to-the-minute information. Laura Fitton, maybe better known by her Twitter handle - @Pistachio, has more than 10,000 followers on Twitter, and gives presentations on how to use Twitter to build business and personal opportunity. She's joined by Michael Gruen and Leslie Poston to share Twitter expertise in this easy-to-follow guide.You'll discover how to get set up on Twitter, build a follower list, and find a voice for your tweets. Then you'll learn to use third party tools to link Twitter to other sites and incorporate it into business communication models. This book coversThe basics of signing up and creating tweetsFollowing other users and adding followers to your own tweetsMastering the "Twecosystem"-the tools that tie Twitter to many other Web applications, including mobile devicesStrategies for enhancing business communication, marketing, and networking opportunities with TwitterTwitter For Dummies gets you up and running on this hot communications tool the fun and easy way.
Learn all the things you can do with Twitter!Make new friends, promote a product or service, build a fan base, raise funds for your favorite charity, and be part of the hottest trend around! Let these experts teach you Twitter shorthand, show you how to sign up, help you follow and be followed, and start you on the road to tweet success.Open the book and find:How to locate people to followTips for a good usernameWays to condense your message to 140 characters or lessAdvice on sprucing up your profileThe ins and outs of Twetiquette
A fully updated guide to the how and why of using Twitter. The fastest-growing social network utility sports new features, and they're all covered in this how-to guide. This book shows you how to join them and why you should.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.