- Table View
- List View
The Solution to Dieting! Almost everyone who wants to lose weight makes a painful discovery: diets don't work. After following the rules and wrestling with the temptations, nearly all dieters regain what they have lost-and then some. What's worse, the anger and frustration of constant dieting just make us want to eat more! If only we could turn off the drive to overeat. But that's impossible, right? Wrong! Based on the amazingly effective method developed by weight-loss expert Laurel Mellin, The 3-Day Solution Plan will give you a powerful, step-by-step plan to turn off the drive to overeat while shedding up to six pounds! A proven program for lasting weight loss without dieting, The Solution Method was developed by Mellin at the University of California, San Francisco's School of Medicine. Health magazine named it one of the 10 top medical advances of 2000. But this is the first time The Solution Method has been made accessible to everyone as a results-oriented jumpstart to the program-and it only takes three days. The life-changing potential of The Solution Method is that it directly addresses the feeling brain, the home of our most primitive urges, like eating. Other weight loss programs are based on knowledge and planning-activities of the thinking brain. The problem is that there is no significant relationship between the feeling brain and the thinking brain. Reason can't make anyone stop wanting a cookie. But as Solution participants attest: this program works. Two- and six-year follow-up studies have shown The Solution to produce weight loss without dieting and unparalleled results in terms of keeping it off. In just three days you will get started with the method and * Lose up to six pounds without dieting * Learn how to turn off the drive to overeat * Follow the simple and healthy 1-2-3 Eating Plan * Find out how fantastic you can feel every day! With delicious recipes, complete menus, and suggestions for easy restaurant substitutions, The 3-Day Solution Plan is a complete road map that begins guiding you toward the ultimate destination: a thinner, more vibrant you! From the Hardcover edition.
A revolutionary program that goes to the roots of not just one common excess, but all of them, turning off our emotional appetites and offering us a pathway to better health and greater happiness. If we have not mastered two simple skills -- self-nurturing and effective limit setting -- we cannot soothe and comfort ourselves from within. So it is only natural that we soothe and comfort ourselves by overeating, drinking, spending, overworking, and smoking or by finding our way into the softer excesses--people pleasing, putting up walls, rescuing others, or thinking too much. When we master these two skills, we experience a Solution--that is, freedom from the whole range of common excesses and a life abundant in life's rewards: integration, balance, sanctuary, intimacy, vibrancy, and spirituality. The Solution was developed over the last twenty years at one of the nation's most prestigious medical schools and may be one of the world's best-kept secrets -- until now. Health magazine recognized the research on The Solution as one of the top ten medical advances of 2000. Emerging understandings of neurobiology suggest that using the skills over the long term may retrain the elusive feeling brain to spontaneously favor a life of emotional balance, relationship intimacy, spiritual connection, and freedom from excessive appetites. The Pathway shows you how to use the method and why it works, while sharing the stories of Tom, Emily, and Drew, who mastered the skills and reached their Solution. You can use this book to begin to reach your own Solution, and if you want more support, there are more than one hundred Solution Groups nationwide led by health professionals, as well as self-help Solution Circles and an active Internet community. The Solution is very simple but so powerful that many psychotherapists who use it believe it will supersede all current healing methods for one reason: it works.
Can you imagine a world where drug companies throw bake sales to make ends meet? A world without all the jaw clenching, nail biting, and stress-induced melt downs? Eighty percent of health problems today are due to the downstream effects of stress, so learning to break free from stress could dramatically improve your mood, your relationships, your health--and your life. In Wired for Joy,researcher and New York Times-bestselling author Laurel Mellin presents a simple yet proven way to train your brain to move through stress and back to joy. Her method has been called the missing link in health care, as it focuses on rewiring the emotional brain-the caldron of our stress-rather than the thinking brain, which has been the focus of most other stress-busting methods. Based on the cutting-edge science of neuroplasticity, Mellin outlines the five states of the emotional brain. For each state she presents a specific tool that easily and quickly switches the brain back to a state of well-being. Once you know how to make that switch, life becomes easier, and stress symptoms-depression, anxiety, overeating, high blood pressure-tend to fade. Finally, instead of focusing on the symptoms of stress, we can change the wiring that triggers it and experience new sense of freedom in our lives.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.