By choosing a major that fits their personality, college students may improve their career certainty, graduation rates, and even school involvement and satisfaction, according to research. With this best-selling book, students discover their personality type and the 10 best majors that relate to it.
This ground-breaking book offers an efficient, to-the-point format that helps job seekers and students discover the best jobs for their skills in just three simple steps. A self-assessment helps readers discover their top three career skills, then matches them to 50 best jobs for each skill.
The detailed job descriptions give helpful facts on pay, growth, openings, tasks, skills needed, education and training required, work environment, job security, highest- and lowest-growth industries for the job, and fastest-growing metropolitan areas for the job.
Discover the 200 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings for people with associate's, bachelor's, and higher degrees.
This book opens your eyes to the many career possibilities through apprenticeships and includes more than 60 "best jobs" lists and detailed descriptions of the 200 best apprenticeable jobs. The best apprenticeable jobs lists are organized by pay, growth through 2016, openings, 16 career clusters/interest areas
Shows people how to position their career for great rewards as the nation rebounds from recession.
Discover the jobs in which almost everyone is well-paid; metropolitan areas and industries that pay more than $100,000 for certain jobs; and jobs in which there is little or no pay gap between men and women!
With this extensive reference, readers will discover 300 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings--no bachelor's degree required.
Readers explore 40 lists that rank secure majors with jobs that pay the most, are growing quickly, have many openings, suit various interests and personality types, and more
This book features the 500 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings and presents almost 70 "best jobs" lists.
This book provides more than 275 job descriptions with information on each job's pay, growth, openings, education level, and skills needed. Additional information about major industries opens readers' eyes to different sectors where they may be able to build a rewarding career.
Gives readers an overview of each college major and provides additional information about specializations in the majors, the typical sequence of high school and college courses, and related CIP program codes-everything students need to know to overcome panic and lay the foundation for a rich and rewarding education.
Transforms the way readers approach their career change, teaching them to redirect their path based on what they already know rather than start from scratch. He explains nine routes readers can take to redefine their career; management, teaching, advocacy, standards-enforcement, communications, sales, brokerage, analytical, and recruitment.
Many jobs that do not require a four-year degree need workers and are growing quickly. This completely updated edition identifies which of these jobs are most promising and offers extensive information about them.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.