- Table View
- List View
In today's fast-paced society, who has time to keep up with both the current trends and the classics of what is "good" and "popular"? <P><P>The Art of Faking It guides you--with tongue planted firmly in cheek--through any awkward, intellectual, and/or über-sophisticated social situation, using both panache and pithy nuggets of wisdom to ensure you'll never be at a loss for the right words and attitudes again. Inside you will find everything you need to know about what everyone is talking about-- from ordering the "right" food and drink to holding an intelligent conversation about anything, from classical music and architecture to legitimate theater and the opposite sex. With the timely information and savvy advice in this book, playfully illustrated with New Yorker-esque line drawings, you will be the most scintillating conversationalist in the bunch--whether you are faking it or not!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.