- Table View
- List View
Written to help readers get, find, and keep the work they love, JESUS, Career Counselor weaves together practical self-help concepts, intriguing stories, relevant statistics, and Bible scriptures. Divided into four sections centered on the four natural giftings or personalities of people, this book explores twelve dreams that God has for each individual--including rise, risk, roar, renew, regenerate, rejoice, relate, and more. It then instructs readers in how to realize each one of these dreams, no matter their natural inclination.As individual personalities of Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind are explored, the book explains how the Fire of excitement translates to Leadership Skills, how the Earth of grounding translates into Good Habits and Character Development, how the Water of life-giving becomes Relationship Skills, and how the Wind of release becomes the Creativity and Innovation, which are in high demand in every industry in the world today.Readers will learn how to discover their four greatest talents and create their personal Talent Shield, which will help them choose a meaningful career based on their Life's Mission Statement.Each chapter serves as a free-standing career guidepost, and includes Career Exercises, pertinent Word Definitions, Career Choices for individual gifting, Self-Quizzes, and Reader Study Guides.
Bestselling author Laurie Beth Jones turns from the business world to everyday existence and reveals numerous ways of attaining spirituality and grace in our personal lives through the teachings of Jesus.
He didn't work for money. He was willing to walk away. He invested His emotions wisely. He did sweat the small stuff. Beyond work, beyond entrepreneurism, there is "spiritreneurism" -- work that allows you to do well by doing right. In Jesus, Inc. , Laurie Beth Jones, bestselling author of Jesus, CEO, shows you how to find soul satisfaction in your work. In Jesus, CEO, Laurie Beth Jones offered an irresistible motivational proposition: If Jesus could change the world with a team of just twelve men, shouldn't he have something to teach us all about managing our teams? The answer was a resounding yes, and it made the book a bestseller. Now, in Jesus, Inc., Jones shows that there is no contradiction between earning a comfortable living even as you use your job to promote your deepest spiritual and personal beliefs. How exactly is this possible? Using timeless wisdom from the Bible and anecdotes from her own life and consulting career, as well as tales from the best and worst work situations in today's rapidly changing business environment, she reveals how you can inspire yourself and your coworkers to use your highest gifts to benefit the bottom line. Never before have so many individuals been willing to launch new businesses, and never before have so many of them been looking for a new business model. Here, in Jesus, Inc. , entrepreneurs and "spiritreneurs" will find timeless wisdom and biblical principles that will help create a new world of joyful and satisfying work. A genius at making the powerful familiar, Jones offers a commandingly fresh and compelling case for Jesus as a role model for modern times. Rich with humor, exercises, meditations, and case histories, Jesus, Inc. is essential reading for those seeking to put their spirituality to practical use.
Laurie Beth Jones has given hundreds of thousands of business readers insight into how the ideas of Jesus can be used to enhance performance. One of the most critical work areas for anyone, whether a manager or a CEO, a teacher or a pastor, is cooperative teamwork. Leaders today face their greatest challenges not only in defining strategies and getting updated information but also in getting diverse human beings to pull together without falling apart.Jesus can be a role model for team leaders everywhere. When Jesus called out to his future disciples, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men," he transformed them from people who worked for themselves to people who were part of a larger team. Jesus was constantly exhorting his people to "gather in my name" and "go out two by two" and always think and pray "as one." Jesus' final prayer was "that they might be one, Father, even as you and I are one," which is ultimately about union and communion, common values and purpose--all of which form the bedrock of an inspired team.Teach Your Team to Fish offers dozens of stories from the Bible showing how Jesus managed his team of disciples and other followers, with suggestions for how to apply these lessons to real-world teambuilding and management problems. It offers guidance and inspiration on:* how to excite your team in order to motivate them;* how to ground them so they'll be realistic about what can be achieved; * how to transform them into a truly well-functioning team; * and how to release them into the world to improve other teams elsewhere.Along the way, the book gives examples of companies in which teams work well together and offers lessons that can help team leaders everywhere sustain themselves and achieve their common goals.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.