- Table View
- List View
The germline is unique in mammals as it is the only cell lineage that undergoes mitosis, meiosis, and differentiation, making these cells amenable to in-depth genomic and mechanistic studies. In Germline Development: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers provide a wide-ranging collection of techniques that can be applied to the study of both the male and female germline. As the techniques used for isolating and studying male and female germ cells are slightly dissimilar, the different technologies are grouped under two sections in this volume, namely, male germline and female germline. This collection brings the field of germline developmental studies together such that readers can find, in a single volume, techniques that allow the isolation of gonads with germ cells at different stages of development, the study of the genomics and epigenomics of germ cells, and an examination of the role of single genes in the developmental potential and function of germ cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and the avoidance of known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Germline Development: Methods and Protocols serves as a comprehensive text to individuals, particularly researchers in reproductive and developmental biology, who are interested in studying cells of the germ lineage.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.