- Table View
- List View
The germline is unique in mammals as it is the only cell lineage that undergoes mitosis, meiosis, and differentiation, making these cells amenable to in-depth genomic and mechanistic studies. In Germline Development: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers provide a wide-ranging collection of techniques that can be applied to the study of both the male and female germline. As the techniques used for isolating and studying male and female germ cells are slightly dissimilar, the different technologies are grouped under two sections in this volume, namely, male germline and female germline. This collection brings the field of germline developmental studies together such that readers can find, in a single volume, techniques that allow the isolation of gonads with germ cells at different stages of development, the study of the genomics and epigenomics of germ cells, and an examination of the role of single genes in the developmental potential and function of germ cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and the avoidance of known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Germline Development: Methods and Protocols serves as a comprehensive text to individuals, particularly researchers in reproductive and developmental biology, who are interested in studying cells of the germ lineage.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.