- Table View
- List View
In economically depressed Jester, Montana, twelve of the local merchants each chip in a dollar every week for the Big Bucks Multi State Lottery. When one of their numbers hit, they win over $1 million each after taxes. In this second installment in the Millionaire, Montana series, local veterinarian Jack Hartman is laying the ground work to leave Jester. Five years ago, his wife was died and there are to many painful memories for him in Jester. When Jack becomes one of the lottery winners, he finally has the money to leave town, now he just has to get the local ranchers to see his partner, Melinda Woods, as the competent vet she is and not judge her just because she's a woman. To complicate his life even further, the local single women figure it's time for Jack to come out of mourning for his wife now that he's worth $1 million. When one lady corners Jack in the clinic's exam room, the only way Jack can think of to dissuade her is to tell her he's seeing Melinda. That evening, as Melinda is watching the local news, she learns of her "engagement" to Jack. Since Melinda has had a crush on Jack since she first met him, she agrees to go along with the pretend engagement so the local women will leave him alone. Jack soon finds his feelings for Melinda growing. Melinda is a truly beautiful person who fights hard to win the respect of the local ranchers. Her assortment of quirky pets is delightful.
[From the back cover] Four Texas Babies by Tina Leonard. To save his parents' ranch from falling into the wrong hands, Sam Johnston must marry. A quickie wedding to Lily Bartholomew brings more than he bargained for-including some shocking news about his new in-laws. But the biggest shock of all is that the baby on the way is actually four babies, set to arrive just in time for Christmas! A Texan Under the Mistletoe by Leah Vale. Lori Beth Whittaker comes home looking for tradition-and discovers that for the first time ever, the Hooper Creek Christmas festival has been cancelled. She's determined the festival will go on, but one man stands in her way-Jackson Hooper, her former high school sweetheart and the man she left behind! Merry Texmas by Linda Warren. Mariel Todd-Crandall and Grayson Crandall love their daughter, but since their divorce, it's hard to find time to spend with Chloe. But Chloe's sick of being ignored, and she knows her parents still love each other. So this Christmas she has a special plan, including a very special tree, that's going to make Mom and Dad see that Christmas- and every day-should be spent as a family.
Four Texas Babies by Tina Leonard To save his parents' ranch from falling into the wrong hands, Sam Johnston must marry. A quickie wedding to Lily Bartholomew brings more than he bargained for--including some shocking news about his new in-laws. But the biggest shock of all is that the baby on the way is actually four babies, set to arrive just in time for Christmas! A Texan Under the Mistletoe by Leah Vale Lori Beth Whittaker comes home looking for tradition--and discovers that for the first time ever, the Hooper Creek Christmas festival has been cancelled. She's determined the festival will go on, but one man stands in her way--Jackson Hooper, her former high school sweetheart and the man she left behind!
Good News, Bad News-Or Both?Mitch Smith is one happy rancher-at least, until a lady P.I. barges onto his property, bent on lassoing him into a family he didn't know he had. It turns out that his business is built on money from the McCoys-the family with the biggest retail empire in the country. Suddenly his hard-earned success and his independence vanish, and he's saddled with a million-dollar debt.P.I. Alison Sullivan is counting on the hefty fee she'll get once the rugged cowpoke is delivered to the wealthy Missouri clan. Since she's practically down to her last dime, she'll do whatever it takes to corral him. Coming from this fiery green-eyed redhead with determination to spare, that's no idle threat...but she may have met her match in this stubborn rancher!Men of the West
Swept off her feet one sun-dappled summer day, Juliet Jones had shared a fantasy-filled afternoon with the rich and powerful Harrison Rivers. But who did this take-charge tycoon think he was, waltzing back into her destitute life after two years to stake a claim on his "rightful heir"? The heartstoppingly handsome bachelor might still leave her breathless with desire, but she'd never let him steal away her beloved little boy! Poised to take over the reins of his family's multimillion-dollar corporation, Harrison wasn't looking for any more complications. Yet it was impossible to deny the intense emotions this brown-eyed beauty and towheaded toddler stirred in his jaded soul. Could love alone bridge the gap between their starkly different worlds? Harlequin American Romance #924
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.