- Table View
- List View
Like a favorite passage from Scripture, these brand new stories offer hope, support and inspiration to Christians of all denominations. The themes of forgiveness, faith, hope, charity and love in "Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul 2" will lift your spirits and warm your hearts. Each story is a reminder of the daily miracles you can discover when you've welcomed Christ into your life. As you read these powerful stories, you will deepen your compassion for others, be inspired to greater acts of charity, remember to forgive others and yourself. Most of all, you'll be reminded that you are never alone or without hope, for He is always walking by your side.
Chicken Soup For The Soul: Living Catholic Faith: 101 Stories To Offer Hope, Deepen Faith, And Spread Loveby Jack L. Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Amy Newmark Leann Thieman
These 101 poignant and spirit-filled stories offer reflections on growing up Catholic as well as serious stories of sacraments and miracles. Affirming God's unconditional love, these stories share the role the Church plays in personal and professional lives.
The stories here illustrate finding and creating families. They are about international orphaned babies, children who are in the foster-care and those who are adopted at birth; this conveys the true meaning of unconditional love.
Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul: Stories to Inspire Caregivers in the Home, the Community and the Worldby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Leann Thieman
From the Book jacket: "There are only four kinds of people in the world-those who have been caregivers, those who currently are caregivers, those who will be caregivers and those who will need caregivers. .. These stories soothe and nourish family members and professionals devoting themselves to the care of those who are ill or disabled. " -Rosalynn Carter Whether you've chosen caregiving as a profession or caregiving has chosen you, your daily commitment and sacrifice are true testaments to the human spirit. The unexpected blessings and lessons of love that blossom in caregiving moments are innumerable-from the glimmer of recognition in a loved one's gaze to nurturing the body and soul of a beloved patient, from the gentle embrace of a trusting grandchild to the caress of a friendly hand offered in comfort. The true, inspirational stories in Chicken Soup for the Caregivers Soul offer you a respite from your responsibilities, bringing uplifting and comforting insights to fill you with renewed hope, courage and strength. The perfect gift for caregivers everywhere, Chicken Soup for the Caregivers Soul celebrates their singular contributions and reminds us all of the inspiring difference they make every day in people's lives . . . and the world. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen are the #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. LeAnn Thieman, L.P.N., has been a nurse for over thirty years and is the coauthor of Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul. A professional speaker, she shares life lessons on balancing your life, living your priorities and making a difference in the world.
Chicken Soup for the Father and Daughter Soul: Stories to Celebrate the Love Between Dads and Daughters Through the Yearsby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Aubery Leann Thieman Nancy Autio
An inspirational anthology of stories and reflections celebrate diverse aspects of the loving relationships between fathers and their daughters as they evolve from infancy through the later years.
Chicken Soup for the Grandma's Soul: Stories to Honor and Celebrate the Ageless Love of Grandmothersby Leann Thieman Jack L. Canfield Mark Victor Hansen
Part of the Chicken Soup series this delightful book has a collection of short stories about how wonderful grandmothers are!!
From the moment she hears, "It's a boy!" a special love blossoms in the heart of a mom and a bond unlike any other has begun. Chicken Soup for the Mother and Son Soul celebrates the blessings and bruises, tears and triumphs, happiness and hopes of mothers and their sons.
This second edition shares more insight into the love, challenges, and joys that are involved with being a nurse.
These 101 true stories of answered prayers for healing, strength, protection, and more prove that God is listening and very active in our lives today. Regular people share their personal stories of God's Divine intervention, healing power, and communication. Evidence of His love and involvement in our lives will encourage, uplift, and recharge the faith of all readers.
These 101 true stories of healing, divine intervention, and answered prayers prove that God is alive and very active in the world today, working miracles on our behalf. Regular people share their personal stories of God's Divine intervention and healing power as He makes the impossible possible! Evidence of His love and involvement in our lives will encourage, uplift, and recharge the faith of Catholic and all Christian readers.
With 101 poignant and spirit-filled stories, this book covers the gamut, from fun stories about growing up Catholic to serious stories about sacraments and miracles. Whether a cradle Catholic, a convert, simply curious or struggling, these stories describe what it means to be a Catholic and provide happiness, hope, and healing.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.