- Table View
- List View
Poems focusing on universal emotions, as expressed by poets from diverse backgrounds, including Joseph Bruchac, Nikki Grimes, Lee Bennett Hopkins, Pat Mora, Janet S. Wong, and many others.
[from inside flaps] "A noted poetry anthologist and a leading children's book illustrator have collaborated to create a Thanksgiving confection that evokes the crisp autumn air, the joy of the traditional family dinner, and the warm festive atmosphere that this special holiday brings to everyone. In Merrily Comes Our Harvest In: Poems for Thanksgiving, selections by such prominent poets as Robert Graves, Myra Cohn Livingston, Margaret Hillert, Aileen Fisher, Marchette Chute, and anthologist Lee Bennett Hopkins himself combine to generate the sights, the tastes, the aromas, and the feelings that this rich and joyous holiday elicit in the memories of young and old alike. Ben Shecter's warm, humorous holiday scenes give us a visual feast, starting with the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving, continuing all the way through the actual preparation and the hearty eating, and ending with cleaning-up time. This is the fifth book in Hopkins's holiday series." Pictures are described.
A collection of poems evocative of seven geographical regions of the United States, including the Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Plains, Mountain, Southwest, and Pacific Coast States.
From a devoted mutt giving "sloppy doggy kisses" to a tarantula munching happily on a cricket lunch, this lively collection of twenty poems celebrates the relationship between children and their pets. Popular poet and noted anthologist Lee Bennett Hopkins brings together many of today's best children's poets -- including X. J. Kennedy, Alice Schertle, and Karla Kuskin -- in this delightful festival of friendship. Jane Manning's bright and richly textured art cheerfully complements these playful poems.
A collection of poems describing various weather conditions, by such authors as Christina G. Rossetti, Myra Cohn Livingston, and Aileen Fisher.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.