- Table View
- List View
Boyd McMasters, troubleshooter for the Cattlemen's Protective Association, is in Smoke Tree, Arizona, investigating numerous complaints of cattle rustling. A copper mine robbery, a pair of illegal lynchings and several other deadly confrontations all lead to a showdown in, of all places, the town cemetery. Violence. 4th novel in the "McMasters" series, 1995.
Boyd McMasters, after three months of wandering aimlessly around the country, drunk, finds himself in Oklahoma City. He has suffered a great personal loss, the death of his wife and unborn child at the hands of a gang of ruthless outlaws, and is drowning his sorrow in whiskey. He dimly remembers that his brother, the president of the cattleman's protective association, lives and works in the city and goes to see him. His brother, shocked at both Boyd's mental and physical condition, takes him to a very special woman friend who quickly nurses him back to health. Fully recovered, physically at least, Boyd then begins a new career-troubleshooter for the cattleman's protective association. And in Kansas, where Boyd draws his first assignment, there is big trouble brewing. Violence. 1st novel in the "McMasters" series, 1995.
Captain Boyd McMasters, of the Cattleman's Protective Association, is through with taking prisoners. He has already put Curly and Frank Dobbs behind bars once, for murder and rape. When he catches up with them for their latest crimes he has resolved to get rid of them permanently.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.