This book presents a fundamental approach to the teaching and learning of language.
A perfect text seldom springs fully formed from your mind; instead, you must plan your text before you write and work to improve it after drafting.
The book "Elements of Language" is divided into four major parts: Part 1 Communications; Part 2 Sentences and Paragraphs; Part 3 Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics; and Part 4 Quick Reference Handbook.
Elements of Language can be an important resource by helping you use language more effectively as you communicate in the twenty-first century.
There are few nations in the world more talked of, or less known, than the Chinese. The confused and imperfect account which travellers have given of their grandeur, their sciences, and their policy, have, hitherto, excited admiration, but have not been sufficient to satisfy even a superficial curiosity.
The book "Elements of Language" is an important resource by helping students use language more effectively as they communicate in the twenty-first century.
Elements of Language: Introductory Course, Grade 6
This book serves as a useful guide to developing skill as an effective and critical language user--a communicator--in the twenty-first century.
This book is a student's guide to the language arts skills and strategies that helps to read, write,create and analyze presentations or media messages.
This book guides to developing your skill as an effective and critical language user-a communicator in the twenty-first century.
Elements of Language is divided into four major parts: 1. Communications 2. Sentences and paragraphs, 3. Grammar, usage, and mechanics 4. Quick reference handbook
Elements of Language contains skills that not only help you do well in your classes and on state tests, but also help you communicate effectively with others.
Communications shows you how to develop the skills you use to receive communications through reading, listening, and viewing and to send communications through writing, speaking, and representing.
Throughout your school career, you've become familiar with the language arts skills and strategies that help you read, write, and create and analyze presentations or media messages. These skills not only help you do well in your classes and on state tests, but also help you communicate effectively with others.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.