- Table View
- List View
There's a time to love, a time to hate, a time to heal . . . and a time to kill. On a freezing cold winter's day, the body of a young woman is pulled from an icy canal in London. To D. I. Dan Carter it looks like a tragic accident rather than the work of a murderer. But D. C. Ebony Willis is not so sure. Why has the woman's face been painted with garish make-up and wrapped in a plastic bag? Meanwhile cosmetics saleswoman Tracy Collins receives a phonecall. It's been twenty years since she gave up her daughter for adoption, so when Danielle gets in touch, she hesitantly begins to kindle a relationship with her and her grandson Jackson. But when Danielle suddenly disappears, Tracy is plunged into the middle of a living nightmare. With the discovery of another body, it becomes clear that Danielle is in grave danger. There is no time to lose and Ebony Willis must take on the most challenging assignment of her career - to play the role of the killer's next victim. From the author of the bestselling Dead of Winter comes a page-turning new thriller that will have you hooked from start to finish. DC Ebony Willis must relive her own troubled past as she goes undercover to ensnare a ruthless and twisted killer 'By the end of this book I was literally gasping for breath! Totally gripping' Crimesquad. com 'A gritty and atmospheric read' Closer
A twelve year wait for justice has finally come to an end. When two bodies surface in the garden of a rented house in North London, forensics discover prints which link back to an unsolved crime that no one in the Metropolitan Police wants to remember. More than a decade ago, a family was found slaughtered in their holiday cottage. The prime suspect was the father of the family and an officer from within their own ranks, but the investigation was inconclusive and no arrest was ever made. But now, as the past case begins to link unavoidably with the present, new girl DC Ebony Willis is sent to see if she can uncover the whole truth about their suspect - Carmichael. But private and reclusive, will Carmichael prove a tricky and all too fascinating subject for Ebony to get to the bottom of? Praise for Lee Weeks 'A gritty and atmospheric read' Closer
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.