- Table View
- List View
There's a time to love, a time to hate, a time to heal . . . and a time to kill. On a freezing cold winter's day, the body of a young woman is pulled from an icy canal in London. To D. I. Dan Carter it looks like a tragic accident rather than the work of a murderer. But D. C. Ebony Willis is not so sure. Why has the woman's face been painted with garish make-up and wrapped in a plastic bag? Meanwhile cosmetics saleswoman Tracy Collins receives a phonecall. It's been twenty years since she gave up her daughter for adoption, so when Danielle gets in touch, she hesitantly begins to kindle a relationship with her and her grandson Jackson. But when Danielle suddenly disappears, Tracy is plunged into the middle of a living nightmare. With the discovery of another body, it becomes clear that Danielle is in grave danger. There is no time to lose and Ebony Willis must take on the most challenging assignment of her career - to play the role of the killer's next victim. From the author of the bestselling Dead of Winter comes a page-turning new thriller that will have you hooked from start to finish. DC Ebony Willis must relive her own troubled past as she goes undercover to ensnare a ruthless and twisted killer 'By the end of this book I was literally gasping for breath! Totally gripping' Crimesquad. com 'A gritty and atmospheric read' Closer
A killer seeking revenge. A community protecting its own. The most explosive case yet for DC Willis and DI Carter. Cornwall, 2000. Jenna wakes up after a drug-laced party to the realization that she has been raped. And it looks like it involved her new boyfriend, who has come down from London for the summer. But the case is assigned to a corrupt local police sergeant, who knows he can extort money from the boy's father, prominent London MP Jeremy Forbes-Wright, in return for his silence. Fifteen years later and Jeremy Forbes-Wright is found dead under highly suspicious circumstances. On the same day, his two-year-old grandson Samuel is kidnapped on a London street and DC Ebony Willis and DI Dan Carter are called in to find the missing boy. They soon realize all roads lead to Cornwall and to find the little boy they must finally get justice for Jenna. But someone is murdering the people they need to speak to and time is running out ...
A twelve year wait for justice has finally come to an end. When two bodies surface in the garden of a rented house in North London, forensics discover prints which link back to an unsolved crime that no one in the Metropolitan Police wants to remember. More than a decade ago, a family was found slaughtered in their holiday cottage. The prime suspect was the father of the family and an officer from within their own ranks, but the investigation was inconclusive and no arrest was ever made. But now, as the past case begins to link unavoidably with the present, new girl DC Ebony Willis is sent to see if she can uncover the whole truth about their suspect - Carmichael. But private and reclusive, will Carmichael prove a tricky and all too fascinating subject for Ebony to get to the bottom of? Praise for Lee Weeks 'A gritty and atmospheric read' Closer
From the author of the bestselling Dead of Winter and Cold As Ice comes a page-turning new thriller that will have you hooked from start to finish.The first body is found in London's East End - a middle-aged woman, brutally murdered.The second body turns up in a disused quarry, attracting the attention of DI Carter and DC Willis. They had interviewed the dead man, JJ Ellerman, about his links to the first crime, and somebody wanted to stop him talking.And then the third body is found, and it becomes clear a serial killer is on the loose. What connects the victims? And who will the killer go after next?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.