- Table View
- List View
Legome (emergency medicine, SUNY Downstate Medical School Brooklyn) and Shockley (emergency medicine, U. of Colorado) provide a 42-chapter overview of trauma care from the perspective of emergency medicine, for students and clinicians who care for patients with emergency presentations of traumatic injuries. Emergency medicine specialists from the US cover various aspects of care, including decision making, mechanism of injury, the initial approach, multiple casualties and disaster preparedness, airway, trauma to various body regions, and special considerations like trauma in pregnancy, geriatric trauma, sexual assault, injury prevention, rural trauma care, and pain management. Additional chapters address imaging, anesthesia, fluid and blood component therapy administration, procedures, wound management, universal/standard precautions, and administrative aspects like professionalism, communication and interpersonal issues, research, and nursing. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.