Whether it'¬?s the first course or the entire menu, fondue is the perfect party food or casual company dinner: it provides an instant theme; the little prep needed is done well in advance; and it'¬?s guaranteed to create a leisurely, cozy atmosphere. From Northern California'¬?s wine and cheese country comes Cowgirl Creamery'¬?s head cheesemonger Lenny Rice and culinary instructor Brigid Callinan with a collection of fifty fondue recipes combining the fun of the seventies craze with the complex tastes of European tradition-all in one fondue pot. You'¬?ll find recipes for tried-and-true classics made with traditional as well as artisanal cheeses, novel spin-offs on favorite flavors like pizza and French onion soup, and chocolate and caramel desserts that will keep the tea lights burning long and bright. And should a melted pound of cheese or chocolate not be reason enough, you'¬?ll also find deliciously creative accompaniment and beverage pairing suggestions sure to inspire a return to blessedly uncomplicated and authentic fondueReviews"Anyone who already loves fondue, or who wants to dust off the old fondue pot and put it to work, needs to find a copy of this little book. It will revolutionize your fondue aspirations."-Oakland TribuneFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.