- Table View
- List View
This guide describes every step in the process of Chapter 13 bankruptcy, who can use it, and how to file the papers and create a workable repayment plan. This edition has been rewritten to reflect recent changes to federal and state laws. It contains many tear-out forms, federal and state exemption charts, and the most recent legal documents and instructions on how to fill them out. Attorney Elias is the author of The New Bankruptcy and coauthor of How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Leonard, also an attorney, is the author of Solve Your Money Troubles and Credit Repair. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Clean up your credit with the acclaimed plain English guide to fixing your credit troubles Nearly 80 percent of credit reports contain errors. In a tough economy when credit is tight, you need to be certain that your financial records are correct and up to date. A less than flattering report can hurt your chances of qualifying for credit card, loans, renting an apartment even finding a job. But a bad credit report can almost always be improved or corrected. Credit Repair shows you how to fix your credit situation, explaining the necessary steps in plain English. Learn how to: . decipher your credit report . get mistakes on your credit report fixed . avoid credit discrimination . get positive information added to your credit report . plan a realistic credit repair strategy . negotiate with creditors . avoid future problems by establishing a realistic budget and getting out of debt now Credit Repair includes dozens of forms and letters that will help you spruce up your credit report as easily as possible!
Leonard is an attorney and the author or co-author of many of Nolo's personal finance books. Written in plain English, his text explains how to get out of debt, set up a realistic budget, and rebuild "bad" credit. This edition has been completely updated and revised to incorporate the latest information and laws, including new information on identity theft and what to do if you are a victim of it. The text includes 30 forms and letters, both as tear-outs and on the accompanying CD-ROM. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Feeling overwhelmed by your debts? If you're ready to regain your financial freedom, feeling the squeeze of the housing bust or simply get smarter about managing your money, you'll find everything you need in this complete guide. Solve Your Money Troubles shows you how to: . prioritize debts . create a budget . negotiate with creditors . stop collector harassment . challenge wage attachments . contend with repossessions . respond to creditor lawsuits . qualify for a mortgage . rebuild credit . decide if bankruptcy is the right option for you To make the process easier, Solve Your Money Troubles includes sample letters to creditors, as well as worksheets and charts to calculate your debts and expenses.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.