- Table View
- List View
This guide describes every step in the process of Chapter 13 bankruptcy, who can use it, and how to file the papers and create a workable repayment plan. This edition has been rewritten to reflect recent changes to federal and state laws. It contains many tear-out forms, federal and state exemption charts, and the most recent legal documents and instructions on how to fill them out. Attorney Elias is the author of The New Bankruptcy and coauthor of How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Leonard, also an attorney, is the author of Solve Your Money Troubles and Credit Repair. Annotation ©2007 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
When debts pile up, it can be impossible to see a way out. And in the meantime, the consequences pile up. Let the sensible strategies in Credit Repair help you take control, clean up your credit report, and live debt-free. assess your debt situation correct errors and improve your credit report and score choose the best repair strategy for your situation prioritize your debts negotiate with creditors to reduce debts add positive information to your credit report avoid identity theft and credit scams build a solid credit history This edition of Credit Repair is completely updated with the latest legal developments, and includes dozens of forms and letters that will help you spruce up your credit report as easily as possible!
Clean up your credit with the acclaimed plain English guide to fixing your credit troubles Nearly 80 percent of credit reports contain errors. In a tough economy when credit is tight, you need to be certain that your financial records are correct and up to date. A less than flattering report can hurt your chances of qualifying for credit card, loans, renting an apartment even finding a job. But a bad credit report can almost always be improved or corrected. Credit Repair shows you how to fix your credit situation, explaining the necessary steps in plain English. Learn how to: . decipher your credit report . get mistakes on your credit report fixed . avoid credit discrimination . get positive information added to your credit report . plan a realistic credit repair strategy . negotiate with creditors . avoid future problems by establishing a realistic budget and getting out of debt now Credit Repair includes dozens of forms and letters that will help you spruce up your credit report as easily as possible!
Leonard is an attorney and the author or co-author of many of Nolo's personal finance books. Written in plain English, his text explains how to get out of debt, set up a realistic budget, and rebuild "bad" credit. This edition has been completely updated and revised to incorporate the latest information and laws, including new information on identity theft and what to do if you are a victim of it. The text includes 30 forms and letters, both as tear-outs and on the accompanying CD-ROM. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Feeling overwhelmed by your debts? If you're ready to regain your financial freedom, feeling the squeeze of the housing bust or simply get smarter about managing your money, you'll find everything you need in this complete guide. Solve Your Money Troubles shows you how to: . prioritize debts . create a budget . negotiate with creditors . stop collector harassment . challenge wage attachments . contend with repossessions . respond to creditor lawsuits . qualify for a mortgage . rebuild credit . decide if bankruptcy is the right option for you To make the process easier, Solve Your Money Troubles includes sample letters to creditors, as well as worksheets and charts to calculate your debts and expenses.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.