- Table View
- List View
With better ways to get your photos online and new options for creating printed projects, iPhoto '11 makes it easier than ever to transfer photos from a digital camera, organize them, and publish, print, or share them in maps--but there's still no printed manual for the program. Fortunately, David Pogue and Lesa Snider team up in this witty, authoritative book that should have been in the box. Organize your collection. Discover all of the options for grouping your pictures--by events, in albums, or based on who's in the photo or where it was taken. Sharpen your editing skills. Learn how to use iPhoto's beefed-up editing options, including its Photoshop-like adjustments panel. Share images online. Get your photos to everyone on your list by publishing them to Flickr, Facebook, and MobileMe. Dive into creative projects. Have fun building slideshows (with music), gift books, calendars, and cards.
This new edition covers iPhoto 9.5 for Mac and iPhoto 2.0 for iOS.Whether you're on a Mac or iOS device, iPhoto now makes it easier than ever to organize, edit, publish, print, and share your photos--but neither version of the program offers a manual to help you get going. Fortunately, David Pogue and Lesa Snider offer a clear and objective guide to iPhoto in this witty, authoritative book.The important stuff you need to knowOrganize your collection. Group your pictures by events, albums, people, or places.Sharpen your editing skills. Use all of iPhoto's editing options, whether you're on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.Dive into new features. Learn about the enhanced mapping system, new slideshow themes, and streamlined printing.Compare your photos. View multiple shots side by side to determine which is best.Share your shots online. Post photos on iCloud or Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and other social sites.Keep web journals. Create snazzy, customizable online scrapbook pages.Create projects. Have fun building slideshows, gift books, calendars, and cards.
Photoshop CS6 is truly amazing, but it can also be overwhelming if you're just getting started. This book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a friendly, conversational style--without technical jargon. After a thorough introduction to the program, you'll delve deep into Photoshop's secrets with expert tips and practical advice you can use every day. The important stuff you need to know: Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's beautiful new workspace. Unlock the magic. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and other tools. Fine-tune your images. Learn techniques for cropping, retouching, and combining photos. Play with color. Drain, change, and add color; and create gorgeous black-and-whites and duotones. Be artistic. Create original illustrations and paintings, use text and filters effectively, and edit video clips. Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print and the Web. Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.