- Table View
- List View
ON THIN ICEEx-hockey pro Logan Dupree had sworn never to return to the ice. Forced to leave the game after a debilitating accident, he'd spent his days battered and world-weary, trying to forget his former life. Until struggling single mom Catherine Talbott walked through his door begging him to coach her hockey team, and he couldn't resist the job-or his new boss.Catherine was immediately drawn to Logan-his tall build, penetrating eyes and deep voice made her desperate to warm his chilled heart-both on and off the ice. WOrking so closely with him made it difficult to resist temptation, even though she knew he wasn't the type to settle down. But would seducing a man so reluctant to love bring heartbreak, or was Catherine exactly what Logan needed?
Come What May Her life depended on his name. His heart depended on her love. It was a most humiliating situation. Mistress Claire Curran of London arrived at the Virginia office of her uncle's solicitor knowing nothing of the private correspondence she bore. With a simple break of the seal, she was hopelessly trapped in a shameless bargain: her hand given in marriage to a stranger to clear an unpaid debt. Alone and penniless, at first she has no means of escaping her lowly fate. But she pledges to be no man's pawn in such a dishonorable game--and certainly no man's wife. With a sharp mind and an unbreakable spirit, Claire devises to play the part of Rosewind's mistress. . . but only until she can find a way out. Devon Rivard finds himself in a maddening dilemma: he can either sell his ancestral home to pay his brother's gambling debts, or marry one Claire Curran, the fiery-tempered messenger who has so innocently tossed the black-hearted ultimatum into his lap. Resigned yet furious, he vows to annul the marriage once the debt is cleared. But as he comes to know the independent yet vulnerable and undeniably lovely Claire, an even more difficult dilemma arises. She wins his heart, a prize he thought forever safely walled away. He knows he can't make her love him, but he can't bear to lose her. Can he convince her to stay by his side as the clouds of war gather, or will circumstances beyond his control take her away from him forever?
Stacy Kavanaugh's life has been the pits lately. Six months ago -- okay, six months, one week and two days, but who's counting? -- her husband left her for an exotic dancer. The property settlement negotiations have been downright ugly. And exhausting. Stacy has had enough. She's ready to throw in the towel. And the pasta machine, too. But you know what they say about the best laid plans. Her attorney calls to tell her that Daniel is now threatening to ask for half of her business in the property settlement. Stacy figures things have hit rock bottom. How could they get any worse? Well. . . . a Sheriff's Deputy could deliver the news that Daniel has crashed his single engine plane into the mountains of Montana's Bitterroot National Forest. He's presumed dead, but there's no body. They think a bear dragged it away. It's snowing and it'll be Spring before they can do another search for Daniel's remains. Yeah, that would definitely qualify as worse!
He owned everything she had except the one thing that mattered -- her heart....Lindsay MacPhaull took one look at the tall, dark, handsome Texan in her office doorway and knew that she was in trouble. And, as always, she was right. Jackson Stennett had come to New York City to deliver the news that her long-absent father was dead, and that everything -- from her struggling business to the very clothes on her back -- now belonged to him. Jackson Stennett was no stranger to tragedy or to the loss of love. But the minute he lays eyes on the seductive and headstrong Lindsay, the walls begin to crumble. He has sixty days to resist her charms and sell off the business. Lindsay has sixty days to stop him from destroying her world. But when acts of sabotage and shadowy threats emerge, they have no choice but to join forces in a sizzling alliance against a terrifying, unseen enemy who would destroy them both.... and bring out an intense passion and desire neither can deny.
From his platinum watch to his Italian loafers, Cole Preston looked like a man who meant business. And Emily Raines knew he didn't want her business interfering with his precious family. A man like Cole just couldn't believe her claim of innocence. Obviously, he had ulterior motives when he began his full-on seduction. But she was happy to play his game. For the tycoon would uncover nothing she didn't want revealed. And she might just loosen him up enough to open his heart to all kinds of possibilities. . . .
A married couple from opposite sides of the tracks struggle to keep their marriage afloat amidst fertility problems and intrigues. A driven businessman helps to convert a dilapidated building into a senior citizen center so he can keep an eye on the woman organizer he suspects of being a con artist. A beautiful wine critic must conceal from the man she loves her true relationship with his deceased brother. Find all this and more with six powerful, passionate and provocative stories from Silhouette Desire! Bundle includes Marriage, Manhattan Style by Barbara Dunlop, The Money Man's Seduction by Leslie LaFoy, Dante's Contract Marriage by Day Leclaire, An Affair with the Princess by Michelle Celmer, Mistaken Mistress by Tessa Radley and Baby Benefits by Emily McKay.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.