- Table View
- List View
What comes around... Photographer Sadie Price is known for her thick skin and infallible instincts. A lofty education has made her skilled in her craft, and a fear of poverty -- and love for Jimmy Choo -- has made her one of the East Coast's most savvy paparazzi. She keeps her exhilarating but sometimes hectic life manageable by staying on the right side of the razor-thin line between celebrity photographers and the stalkerazzi. But all that changes when Sadie locks horns with one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors. ...goes around. Something about Ethan Wyatt's charisma and startling good looks throws Sadie off her game. Something about Sadie's dogged determination -- and a very compromising picture she snaps -- throws Ethan off his. Hatching a scheme befitting the silver screen that made him famous, Ethan sets out to give Sadie a taste of her own medicine. And when her life almost instantly becomes as frenzied as those of the "It Girls" she follows, Sadie starts to see her career, her love life, and Ethan Wyatt in ways she never had before....
Dream boyfriend not included. When she moved to New York, Ryan Hadley imagined living the big-city-sitcom kind of life with all the trimmings -- great apartment, dream job, and a swept-off-your-feet, how-awesome-is-this-guy love. Of course, her real life is only so-so: not outstanding, nor bad enough to require medication. Ryan spends her days at a dreary data-entry job with wannabe-rocker Will, nights at her favorite dive bar with pals Audrey and Veronica, and her spare time daydreaming about the ideal -- but sadly, fictional -- man: if only Mark Darcy wasn't claimed by Bridget Jones. Some assembly required. But two promotions and a record deal later, Ryan's three closest friends are suddenly moving on up -- while Ryan seems to be treading water. Then Charlie, her college ex and super hottie, appears out of the blue with a success story of his own and more than a little baggage in tow. In a New York minute, Ryan realizes that one doesn't live off a maxed-out credit card and a year's supply of squashed Ho Ho's without learning a few important life lessons. She's ready to squeeze a five-year-plan for success into just a few crazy months. After all, why be a big-city girl if you're not going to dream big -- and reach for the stars?
Out with the old, in with the new, and on with the party! Maybe it's just another midnight...or maybe there really is magic in the air when December 31st becomes January 1st, and confetti kisses and champagne toasts kick off a new year, a new romance, a new look, a new attitude. Celebrate the start of something new with In One Year and Out the Other...a sparkling collection of all new stories by today's rising fiction stars: Cara Lockwood puts self-improvement to the test with 528 resolutions -- not least of which is "Do not sleep with married men" -- in "Resolved: A New Year's Resolution List"...Pamela Redmond Satran instructs a single mom in the fine art of partying like the boys (have lots of sex, don't worry that you're too fat) in "How to Start the New Year Like a Guy"...Diane Stingley shows a twentysomething why there's more to life than waiting by the phone for a New Year's date in "Expecting a Call"...Megan McAndrew seizes the day -- or just a very special one-night stand -- for a single food stylist hungering for more in "The Future of Sex"...and more great tales from Kathleen O'Reilly, Beth Kendrick, Eileen Rendahl, Tracy McArdle and Libby Street.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.