- Table View
- List View
This report reviews and assesses recent developments in the mature and emerging markets and continues the analysis of key structural changes in global financial markets that has been presented in previous reports. The survey generally covers the 12-month period ending in June 2000. Over this period global financial conditions in the main improved in tandem with the strong rebound of the global economy. Credit concerns have eased following the most severe market turbulence in the post war period and global investors became more willing to engage in risk taking. The continued rapid growth of US productivity - largely related to the 'new economy' - helped sustain the low inflation expansion in the United States, and spurred US and worldwide investment. Chapters in the report focus on emerging market financing; private sector involvement in crisis prevention and resolution; the role of foreign banks in emerging markets.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
This report presents the annual survey of international capital market developments and prospects. It reviews trends in the main market segments and seeks to analyze the principal forces underlying these developments, in particular the progressive integration of markets and the related globalization of investor and borrower behavior.
This paper explores the reasons behind the recent transformation and upturn of the Mexican economy. the changes are the result of the authorities' determination to stick with a difficult reform program since the early 1980s, supported by multilateral financial institutions, creditor countries, and commercial banks.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.