- Table View
- List View
Reading letters written to her grandmother decades before, Cara Serafini finally learns the great secret, the triumph, of Giulia's life-the love she shared with her first husband, Paolo. It's a love that began when Giulia left the Italian village of her birth and came to New York, where Paolo Serafini captured her heart. . . ;and took her dancing on Sunday afternoons. And as Cara discovers, it's a love that's never ended-and never will.
The bonds they share with their children are intricate, fiercely protected and often tested by the vagaries of modern life. This engaging collection celebrates those relationships--lost, found, newly forged, made stronger by a boundless and relentless love. A Mother's Heart features three special women who contend with the trials and tribulations of motherhood--and find romance in unexpected ways. A single mom rediscovers a long-ago love with help from her young son and YouTube in "The Promise" by New York Times bestselling author Sharon Sala. A stressed-out executive lands on her birth mother's doorstep and falls for the guy next door in "You Belong to Me" by Isabel Sharpe. A journalist helping her adopted daughter trace her roots learns a lesson in romantic destiny in "A Daughter's Journey" by Linda Cardillo.
Every Valentine's Day is a giftA day to celebrate your love--and the hope, the belief, that it will be everlasting.In Valentine's Daughters by Tara Taylor Quinn, it's a day to remember old promises...and make new ones. In Our Day by Jean Brashear, it's when love gets a second chance.In The Hand That Gives the Rose by Linda Cardillo, it's the day love finally bridges two separate worlds.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.