10 trick-or-treaterson a dark and spooky nightout to get some candyor give someone a fright.Little do these ten trick-or-treaters know that they are the ones who will be frightened on Halloween night when a toad hops near, a skeleton tries to join their dance party, and a monster asks to share their candy.This not-too-scary Halloween counting book features the bright, bold artwork of Linda Davick and the comforting, lively rhythms of Janet Schulman's story, making it the perfect gift for young trick-or-treaters everywhere!From the Hardcover edition.
It's Valentine's Day and the 10 little neighbors in this book are busy making Valentines for their closest friends.A dinosaur card, thinks little Pete,My pal Max would find really neat.Will everyone get a Valentine at the big Valentine's Day party? You can count on it!With its fun counting element, bouncy text, and adorable illustrations, this book is the perfect gift for young lovebugs.From the Hardcover edition.
"MY SCHOOL STARTS in one week so--I have SEVEN DAYS to go. Mom says be patient, do not worry. But I can't wait! I'm in a hurry!"In this delightful book a little girl counts off the days by naming what she'll do in kindergarten. "I'll be ready, I'll be smart. I will get a running start. I'll say thank you, I'll say please. I will say my ABCs!" And deciding what to wear and what to take are all part of her preparation for that exciting first day. With bouncy read-aloud rhyme, bright, fun illustrations, and hidden objects to find on each page, Kindergarten Countdown gets children off on the right foot.From the Hardcover edition.
Ready, Set, Grow! Young girls before the onset of puberty have a curiosity about their soon-to-be changing bodies that needs addressing in a simpler way than for their older sisters. In Madaras's proven, trust-worthy, friendly voice and style, this entirely new book now brings them the same kind of thoughtful, down-toearth information-but at a reading and comprehension level that's just right for them. Responding throughout to reallife questions and observations from younger girls, Madaras explores the changes that are happening, or about to happen, to them, including: the development of breasts, body hair, and body fat; the changes in their reproductive organs, both inside and out; their first period and all the complex feelings surrounding it; the unwelcome appearance of acne and new body odors; and, perhaps most important, how to respect and celebrate their unique bodies, even when the outside world is not always so accepting. Lively cartoon drawings throughout make the book not only helpful, but fun to read, too.
This picture book about the first day of school, featuring a frog, a duck, a mouse, and a snail, combines a story in rhyme with colorful graphic rebuses, making it a fun book for parent and child to share in the reading. Children about to enter kindergarten or first grade who long to be able to read will get a sense of accomplishment by "reading" the little rebus pictures in the story. Judy Sierra, author of Wild About Books, uses bouncy rhyme and rhythm as cues for the child to name the pictogram rebuses. Preschoolers will enjoy following the animals and their teacher, Tom Burkey (who is a turkey), through a happy first day of school.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.