- Table View
- List View
4th grade textbook.
The Midwestern region of the United States includes Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, and North Dakota. Readers learn why the Midwest is flat and familiarize themselves with other features of the landscape as they tour the Great Lakes, the Ohio and Missouri Rivers, the Great Plains, the Badlands, and Wind and Jewel Caves. Students learn that the economy of the Midwest consists of "belts" from the Corn Belt to the Dairy Belt to the Manufacturing Belt.
The Northeast region of the United States includes Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and the District of Columbia. Land features of the Northeast region include coastal plains, rocky coastlines, and mountains. The Northeast economy depends heavily on the region's natural resources. Industries include shipping, timber, fishing, manufacturing, and tourism. Tourists to the Northeast region come to hike, swim, ski, camp, and to visit many historical and cultural sights, including the many Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C.
This guided tour helps students explore the Southeast, which includes the states of Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Florida. Students begin the tour looking at land and water features of the region--the Mississippi River and its delta, the Piedmont, Appalachian Mountains, and the coastal plains.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.