- Table View
- List View
Harry Griffith deals in stark realities and plays for very high stakes, and he hasn't done anything impulsive since he was little. Then he meets Amy. And her two kids. She happens to be the comely young widow of his best buddy. Suddenly he's Mr. Spontaneity. Amy is certainly wild about Harry. From his sexy Aussie accent to his devilish good looks, she thinks he's the cat's meow. But she feels trapped by bitter heartache, unable to let go of the husband she lost. What's it going to take to get these two together? Looks as if a certain someone may have to pull some strings from upstairs. And what could be sweeter than a match made in heaven?Look for more captivating titles from #1 New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller! Big Sky River is available now from Harlequin HQN. And don't miss The Man from Stone Creek, coming in March 2013!
Dear Reader:Willow is a novel from early in my career, and it was originally shorter than many of my other historical romances. Now, I'm delighted to be able to share this brand-new edition with you. I've taken the opportunity to expand Willow to include the subplots, love scenes, and deeper characterization that are possible with a longer book. I hope you enjoy reading this retelling as much as I have enjoyed visiting these characters and this story once again.In 1883, the railroad had only recently come to Montana Territory, and outlaws still lurked in the hills. Willow Gallagher, who spent her early childhood in an outlaw camp until her father finally found her, is torn by divided loyalties. Newly married to handsome railroad baron Gideon Marshall, she finds fiery passion in Gideon's embrace, until she discovers he is on a mission . . . a mission to capture Willow's outlaw brother, Steven. Now Willow must choose--betray her brother, or risk the love she has found with Gideon, the love she has dreamed of all her life, to save Steven. It is a choice that could break her heart. . . .May you be blessed,Linda Lael Miller
Bridget She lost her husband to the Civil War; now, starting a new life out West, she never dreamed his best friend, Trace Qualtrough, could spark a forbidden passion. Christy All she wanted was a secure, steady home life in Primrose Creek. Lawman Zachary Shaw was hardly husband material -- but he surely sent her heart pounding wildlyŠ. Skye Lumber baron Jake Vigil took a chance on Skye's sweet and healing love. Now, their delicate bond faces the ultimate test when a business deal threatens to tear them apart. Megan A shocking revelation greets Megan when she returns to Primrose Creek. Will placing her trust in landowner Webb Stratton bring hope -- or more heartache?
When a pretty spitfire who's down on her luck clashes with a stubborn man in search of a wife, sparks must turn to flames.... A year after the Civil War, courageous former Union nurse Lydia McQuire was gamely scraping out an honest living. But now, as she said yes to marrying a stranger, her knees gave way with fear. Mr. Devon Quade had seemed polite and handsome when she answered his ad for a wife. Only after Lydia had arrived in Washington territory did she learn that her bridegroom wasn't to be sweet Devon Quade, but his older brother Brigham, a widower with strapping shoulders, hands as strong as steel, and an arrogant belief that he was lord and master of his lumber empire, the town of Quade's Harbor, and the woman he married. Lydia's dislike of him was instantaneous...yet Brigham was awakening in her a white-hot passion, and a firm resolve: before she would share his bed, he would have to surrender himself, heart and soul, to love....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.