- Table View
- List View
Studying biology in today's fast-paced environment where new research is cropping up daily is exciting--and also a bit daunting, unless you have the right textbook to help you make sense of it all. Popular with students at colleges nationwide, Solomon, Berg, and Martin's BIOLOGY is often described as the best text available for learning biology. Filled with resources to guide your study, the Eighth Edition brings clarity to key concepts as it draws you into the excitement of new research in genetics, cell communication, evolution, and many other topics. The book's in-chapter Learning System is like a built-in study guide, focusing your attention on key learning objectives. Many of the text's colorful illustrations are correlated with animated figures online so you can interactively study and reinforce your understanding of complex processes.
Solomon (University of South Florida) focuses on themes related to the transmission of biological information, the evolution of life, and the flow of energy through living systems, in this text featuring a student-oriented writing style, a color art program, and traditional learning aids. Chapters are presented in sections on the organization of life, energy transfer, genetics, evolution, diversity, plants, animals, and ecology. In this edition, ecological theory is interwoven with the scientific process. A CD-ROM with exercises and simulations is also new to this edition. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This biology textbook covers topics such as the organization of life, energy transfer, genetics, evolution, diversity, structure and life processes in plants, structure and life processes in animals, and ecology. A companion CD-ROM contains practice tests, animation and video clips, and interactive tutorials. The authors teach biology at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg College, and Rutgers University. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Offering a more concise resource for environmental scientists, this seventh edition explores important environmental issues and shows how to apply this information on the job. It focuses on a systems approach, presenting a framework for thinking about environmental science.
The 8th Edition of "Environment" builds on the previous comprehensive, systems-based environmental science issue with more in-depth information on systems approach, which emphasizes the interconnected nature of environmental science throughout the text. The book is even more reader-friendly integrated learning system designed to help move from general concepts to specific applications and continues to focus on currency. It presents the basic facts, various perspectives on issues, and framework to help readers reach their own informed decisions in a changing marketplace.
Each chapter of this book contains reviews, test preparations and experiment instructions.
Clear and engaging, Linda Berg's INTRODUCTORY BOTANY: PLANTS, PEOPLE, AND THE ENVIRONMENT helps you develop an appreciation of the diverse organisms we call plants, including their remarkable adaptations to the environment and their evolutionary and ecological relationships. Filled with fascinating feature boxes, intriguing chapter-opening stories, and other applied content, the text contains interesting and topical information that will pique your curiosity and help you succeed in your course. Berg shows you the many ways in which plants are fascinating in their own right, important for the existence of all life on Earth, and useful for humans in all aspects of our lives. INTRODUCTORY BOTANY: PLANTS, PEOPLE, AND THE ENVIRONMENT is beautifully and clearly illustrated and features a dynamic art program that helps you visualize even the most complex concepts.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.