- Table View
- List View
The single most internationally read and referenced text in sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness, this manual succinctly summarizes recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased individuals. This gold-standard text is a convenient, one-stop resource for the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAS) that must be mastered by candidates for all ACSM certifications. Written by international experts in numerous fields, the Eighth Edition is fully compatible with newly released physical activity guidelines from the United States Department of Health and Human Services and state-of-the-art, research-based recommendations. A companion Website for instructors will offer a test generator, an image bank, PowerPoint slides, and a Web CT/Black Board-Ready Course Cartridge. A student Website will offer the fully searchable text.
Exercise Genomics encompasses the translation of exercise genomics into preventive medicine by presenting a broad overview of the rapidly expanding research examining the role of genetics and genomics within the areas of exercise performance and health-related physical activity. Leading researchers from a number of the key exercise genomics research groups around the world have been brought together to provide updates and analysis on the key discoveries of the past decade, as well as lend insights and opinion about the future of exercise genomics, especially within the contexts of translational and personalized medicine. Clinicians, researchers and health/fitness professionals will gain up-to-date background on the key findings and critical unanswered questions across several areas of exercise genomics, including performance, body composition, metabolism, and cardiovascular disease risk factors. Importantly, basic information on genomics, research methods, and statistics are presented within the context of exercise science to provide students and professionals with the foundation from which to fully engage with the more detailed chapters covering specific traits. Exercise Genomics will be of great value to health/fitness professionals and graduate students in kinesiology, public health and sports medicine desiring to learn more about the translation of exercise genomics into preventive medicine.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.