- Table View
- List View
The single most internationally read and referenced text in sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness, this manual succinctly summarizes recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased individuals. This gold-standard text is a convenient, one-stop resource for the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAS) that must be mastered by candidates for all ACSM certifications. Written by international experts in numerous fields, the Eighth Edition is fully compatible with newly released physical activity guidelines from the United States Department of Health and Human Services and state-of-the-art, research-based recommendations. A companion Website for instructors will offer a test generator, an image bank, PowerPoint slides, and a Web CT/Black Board-Ready Course Cartridge. A student Website will offer the fully searchable text.
Exercise Genomics encompasses the translation of exercise genomics into preventive medicine by presenting a broad overview of the rapidly expanding research examining the role of genetics and genomics within the areas of exercise performance and health-related physical activity. Leading researchers from a number of the key exercise genomics research groups around the world have been brought together to provide updates and analysis on the key discoveries of the past decade, as well as lend insights and opinion about the future of exercise genomics, especially within the contexts of translational and personalized medicine. Clinicians, researchers and health/fitness professionals will gain up-to-date background on the key findings and critical unanswered questions across several areas of exercise genomics, including performance, body composition, metabolism, and cardiovascular disease risk factors. Importantly, basic information on genomics, research methods, and statistics are presented within the context of exercise science to provide students and professionals with the foundation from which to fully engage with the more detailed chapters covering specific traits. Exercise Genomics will be of great value to health/fitness professionals and graduate students in kinesiology, public health and sports medicine desiring to learn more about the translation of exercise genomics into preventive medicine.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.