- Table View
- List View
There's no one Karl Lion loves more than his older brother, Jonathan, who is brave, strong, and handsome - everything Karl believes he is not. Karl never wants to be parted from him. But Karl is sick, and knows he's going to die. To comfort him, Jonathan tells him stories of Nangiyala, the wonderful place he'll be going to when he dies, and where he will wait until Jonathan is ready to join him there. Then the unthinkable happens . . . Jonathan is killed in an accident. Heartbroken, Karl longs for the day he'll be reunited with his brother. When the time comes, he finds Nangiyala just as wonderful as he'd imagined. However, Nangiyala is under threat. A cruel tyrant is determined to claim it as his own, and at his command is a terrible beast that is feared throughout the land. Karl must summon all of his courage to help his brother prepare for the battle that lies ahead . . . 'I adored Astrid Lindgren as a child' Francesca Simon, author of the 'Horrid Henry' books.
Children eagerly await the arrival of Christmas day in this fun portrait of a joyful yule.
In this the second story about Pippi Longstocking the ten year old with the carrot colored hair, Pippi goes on many adventures. She has a candy party for the village children, helps out saving a girl at the fair from a tiger, beats up a town bully, and learns great news about her father. Good book for all ages.
"My name is Pippi Longstocking," she said. "And this is Tommy and Annika." She pointed to her friends. "Is there anything we can do for you-tear down a house or chop down a tree? Or is there anything else that needs to be changed? Just say the word!" In this characteristic manner Pippi introduced herself to a rather unpleasant gentleman who was trying (unsuccessfully ) to buy Villa Villekulla, where Pippi, that red-headed and fabulously strong girl, lived alone with her horse and monkey. Her father was away in the South Seas, busy being king of Kurrekurredutt Island. When the king sent for Pippi, she decided to take Tommy and Annika along with her, because they had had the measles, and she thought the change would do them good. They found the island a fantastic place-and what with Pippi's usual feats of derring one rollicking adventure followed another. Those who already know the fantastic, outrageously funny, but oddly logical Pippi will join with new readers in the general enthusiasm she always arouses. "We're always going to have fun," said Annika. "In Villa Villekulla, on Kurrekurredutt Island, anywhere." And you will too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.