- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the African American Woman's Soul: Laughter, Love and Memories to Honor the Legacy of Sisterhoodby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Lisa Nichols
A multi-generational celebration and acknowledgement, this edition combines stories of legendary African-American women with stories of modern-day heroines, and up and coming young African-American sisters and ordinary women.
LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE-NO MATTER WHAT!From bestselling author and motivational speaker Lisa Nichols comes a unique and powerful inspirational program that will both move you and empower you to realize your dreams. Millions are trying to live by The Secret's Law of Attraction, but the truth is it won't work unless you flex your all-important "bounce-back" muscles, which give you the ability to successfully navigate life's speed bumps. By developing and toning her own bounce-back muscles at critical points in her life, Lisa found the power to become her authentic self and achieve everything she dared to hope for. Now, in NO MATTER WHAT, she offers a groundbreaking program that outlines these 9 Steps or "muscles", which include among others your Confidence, Faith-in-Myself, Honesty Out Loud and Forgiveness muscles, and explains how anyone can use them to achieve happiness and off-the-charts success. In this powerful guide Lisa Nichols introduces her dynamic plan, shares her own remarkable story, and prescribes specific exercises and action steps to inspire readers to learn from their past and move toward a courageous future."I've watched Lisa Nichols light up rooms and inspire thousands for years. As a featured teacher in The Secret, she explained the Law of Attraction, but now, for the first time, she reveals her own secret to happiness: the Law of No Matter What. Read this book, and learn to create the things in life you believed were out of reach." --Marci Shimoff, bestselling author of Happy for No Reason and featured teacher in The Secret "Lisa is a living example of what it takes to overcome the inevitable obstacles in your path...with the help of this book, you'll be able to soar to success--no matter what!" --Jack Canfield, Co-Author of the New York Times Bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul Series"Lisa Nichols is a rock star of personal growth! Gutsy and authentic, in NO MATTER WHAT, Lisa uses her charismatic and influential style to teach resilience. Whether you are a seasoned student of character and enlightenment or just starting, this book is a must read, advanced course for possibility." --Stephen M. R. Covey, author of The New York Times bestseller The Speed of Trust
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.